cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
Do you have it? any feedback on build quality and the results on your car?
not yet, have not picked up an intercooler, I’ll be collecting some datalogs from OEM since I recently picked up Hondata Flashpro, so that when I can have some personal comparisons and hopefully report back... Am thinking of that FullRace as my final choice tho.
Sponsored

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
not yet, have not picked up an intercooler, I’ll be collecting some datalogs from OEM since I recently picked up Hondata Flashpro, so that when I can have some personal comparisons and hopefully report back... Am thinking of that FullRace as my final choice tho.
Unless you’re going aftermarket turbo, I’d advise against the full race IC.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So does bigger piping induce turbo lag or a bigger IC alone?
Anything that increases the volume between the intake and the cylinders will increase turbo lag, however slightly, unless you were horribly restricted in the first place.

kungfupanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TypeR
Country flag
Well it’s nearly impossible to quantify exactly how much better because the tests can easily be manipulated. Numbers also change depending on the situation too so it’s not as easy as saying 10% cooler or 10F cooler. From my testing I’ve had better results from my C&R compared to my HKS. On track I have much lower ECTs with the C&R compared to the HKS. Two different tracks and scenario is so I can’t provide exactly how much of an improvement is there. Could I lie and make up some numbers? Sure, but I won’t
@Lust , this what you're using?
https://www.crracing.com/product/honda-civic-type-r-charge-air-cooler

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag

Jimbofoshow

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 FK8, 06 FA1, 08, FA1, 16 ZF1, 88 BA4 Si 4WS
Country flag
Where do you live ? Yeah mostly road are good here , but when you driving on the track and you go behind another car with slicks it trows a lot of stuff to your windshield ,intercooler, radiator etc
I got the mishi for my CTR because i live on a dirt road in the sticks. The original was beat to death by rocks within the first year. I first noticed i was losing 5 pounds if boost, and then on a pull at around 5500rpms it would miss a little. Guess it wasn't getting enough air and too much fuel im assuming. Also got mesh screen in front of it as well. Im very pleased with the mishimoto for daily driving. Love it. Im probably the only person in the world who has a dirt road CTR. Lots of people say i should start a YouTube channel on my car.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I got the mishi for my CTR because i live on a dirt road in the sticks. The original was beat to death by rocks within the first year. I first noticed i was losing 5 pounds if boost, and then on a pull at around 5500rpms it would miss a little. Guess it wasn't getting enough air and too much fuel im assuming. Also got mesh screen in front of it as well. Im very pleased with the mishimoto for daily driving. Love it. Im probably the only person in the world who has a dirt road CTR. Lots of people say i should start a YouTube channel on my car.
I you lost 5 pound of boost probably you have a boost leak .

Jimbofoshow

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 FK8, 06 FA1, 08, FA1, 16 ZF1, 88 BA4 Si 4WS
Country flag
Thank you,I just bought the Mishimoto.
you wont regret it. as a simple bolt on, the prl is better. if you want to make more than just stock power youll replace your prl real quick. the mishi will be good for at least 600hp.
Sponsored