PRL vs 27Won—CAI

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently have been running a 27Won CAI and have wanted more sound. Given that this intake is technically “hybrid”, has anyone out there used both to determine which is superior in terms of sound and performance? This or a Cobra? Stats would be nice! I MIGHT be interested in trading. Just need to know first hand. And yes ik PRL’s more susceptible to hyrdolock. Any body’s 2¢ or 10¢ will be appreciated!
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Basically, not much performance different among intake... cobra is louder than 27won.
In fact, cobra is loudest cai from the few intake i have so far... I have had injen, mishimoto, aFe and lastly PRL Cobra...

Last edited:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I agree the Cobra CAI sounds beautiful and it’s louder than the 27won’s CAI, at least to me and my friends ears lol (I have the PRL race CAI, my buddy has the 27won CAI)

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
bump. ANy updates?

new SI owner. I live in tampa and our summer months is hurricane season so i'm leaning towards 27won. But like to know if any 27won owners like what they hear or how they perform or what made them go with that versus PRL.

Phearable.net is local and i asked them which they would recommend out of the two and they said PRL. I do plan on getting the phearable tune by the end of the year.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
As much as I love 27WON stuff, frankly I would have gotten the PRL for louder induction noises. Living in Canada though, I wanted no risk of hydrolock and did not want to mess with relocating the windshield washer fluid reservoir. Haven't got my 27WON yet but I know I'll be pleased.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
bump. ANy updates?

new SI owner. I live in tampa and our summer months is hurricane season so i'm leaning towards 27won. But like to know if any 27won owners like what they hear or how they perform or what made them go with that versus PRL.

Phearable.net is local and i asked them which they would recommend out of the two and they said PRL. I do plan on getting the phearable tune by the end of the year.
I got the 27Won because of the hybrid setup, which doesn't place the filter low into the wheel well. It rains a lot here and I end up driving through a lot of sizeable puddles, so it's extra peace of mind.

As far as I'm concerned it's loud enough for me I'm not aiming to be as loud as possible, though. As for performance? There's no good way to know. I appreciate the fact that the filter that comes with the 27Won is AEM.

I agree the Cobra CAI sounds beautiful and it’s louder than the 27won’s CAI, at least to me and my friends ears lol (I have the PRL race CAI, my buddy has the 27won CAI)
You can just take the lid off the 27Won to make it louder and it effectively becomes an SRI.

As much as I love 27WON stuff, frankly I would have gotten the PRL for louder induction noises. Living in Canada though, I wanted no risk of hydrolock and did not want to mess with relocating the windshield washer fluid reservoir. Haven't got my 27WON yet but I know I'll be pleased.
See above. You can turn the 27Won into an SRI with more noise if that's your thing. The lid takes about 1 minute to put on/take off.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I got the 27Won because of the hybrid setup, which doesn't place the filter low into the wheel well. It rains a lot here and I end up driving through a lot of sizeable puddles, so it's extra peace of mind.You can just take the lid off the 27Won to make it louder and it effectively becomes an SRI.
See above. You can turn the 27Won into an SRI with more noise if that's your thing. The lid takes about 1 minute to put on/take off.
is there any set backs or risks if you were to just run it with out the lid completely?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
is there any set backs or risks if you were to just run it with out the lid completely?
Higher IATs probably, not much else

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This may not be very relevant but I have the PRL Cobra and a tune, certain boost settings drastically change the sound.

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been running the 27won intake for a few months now and I'm pleased with the sounds, I know the PRL is louder due to its placement and lack or box around the filter, but living in south FL with the huge puddles we get I just didn't feel comfortable getting the PRL. Plus maintaining the 27won is much easier as all I have to do is pop the hood. In terms of performance I think the PRL wins but it's not enough for me to risk hydrolocking.
Sponsored