Casper27

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Alright so I’ve been hesitant on this, I’ve been reading that Civicx CVTs Can only handle 250 ft/lb of torque, is there anyone that can show and kind of lead me in the right direction?

I want to buy the PRL big turbo upgrade and I know that’s going to push me pass 250lbs, I have Hondata and PRL Cobra CAI.

has anyone done anything of the sort
Sponsored

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
We have had a few CVT cars get our big turbo kit. They have made around that 250-280 and a bit above that even. Not sure on the torque numbers they produced, but those cars are running strong and haven't had issues.

fannyypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK7
Country flag
Alright so I’ve been hesitant on this, I’ve been reading that Civicx CVTs Can only handle 250 ft/lb of torque, is there anyone that can show and kind of lead me in the right direction?

I want to buy the PRL big turbo upgrade and I know that’s going to push me pass 250lbs, I have Hondata and PRL Cobra CAI.

has anyone done anything of the sort
There’s a guy @ISSAFK7 on IG that has the 27won W1 turbo, on top of FBO, pushing 302/267 HP/TQ on a CVT. As far as longevity and reliability of a CVT Civic, it’s low end torque that really hurts our transmissions. Think it really depends on how much you drive/abuse your car, but YMMV :dunno:

Ex-t hammer

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-T 6spd sold. Accord 2.0 10AT '18
Country flag
Hello, I want to ask if I were to buy your prl turbo kit for my non si 6spd is it possible to link up your catted dp? Emissions purpose is why I ask. Thanks

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hello, I want to ask if I were to buy your prl turbo kit for my non si 6spd is it possible to link up your catted dp? Emissions purpose is why I ask. Thanks
The PRL turbo kit comes with its own catted down pipe. So there is nothing to worry about.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The PRL turbo kit comes with its own catted down pipe. So there is nothing to worry about.
You can’t use your current downpipe with the prl kit. The downpipe they provided is completely different

Ex-t hammer

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-T 6spd sold. Accord 2.0 10AT '18
Country flag
I been shopping around for a turbo kit for my not to distance future build. I want something that can give me a few years of reliability, maybe not 100k but a solid good amount of time and distance traveled. My car has 33k odometer now and if I can have assurance as a DD car that's reliable as far as the turbo unit goes I am willing to pay the cost. I'm not as brave as some folks here building 350+ whp but I do want maybe 260-275whp so I won't be maxing out the turbo. Is this realistic? This is my first car modifying a turbo. Any advice I can appreciate, Thanks.

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I been shopping around for a turbo kit for my not to distance future build. I want something that can give me a few years of reliability, maybe not 100k but a solid good amount of time and distance traveled. My car has 33k odometer now and if I can have assurance as a DD car that's reliable as far as the turbo unit goes I am willing to pay the cost. I'm not as brave as some folks here building 350+ whp but I do want maybe 260-275whp so I won't be maxing out the turbo. Is this realistic? This is my first car modifying a turbo. Any advice I can appreciate, Thanks.

That is easily achievable with our kit. 275 is not going to max out any of the turbos we have listed on our site. That will give you great power, and a super fun and reliable set up. While also keeping things on the safe side.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Is it actually possible to run turbos on an engine that’s not built?

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it actually possible to run turbos on an engine that’s not built?
Yes too much torque is what usually messes it up but when tuned and driven correctly it can last you a good while

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Yes too much torque is what usually messes it up but when tuned and driven correctly it can last you a good while
Gotcha. I’m guessing the bigger turbos that spool past 3.5k and ramp up around 4-4.5k are the safest for the engine rather than full on torque at 3k rpm? Or is it better to get something like the phearable tune that has max torque at 3.5k instead of a big turbo. The L15 platform is cool, but seems like you have to dump a lot of money on a built engine and transmission to really tap into it fully. Probably around 8-10k in parts and labor if I have to guess. That’s not even factoring in a turbo and fuel system upgrade.
Sponsored