19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Installed stage 1 intake and just have a question about the Evap control solenoid. The way it installed it looks like it would hit the hood so I turned it and have it facing horizontal instead of vertical like stock. Is it ok to do that? I don’t see why not since it’s not a sensor. Please let me know or if not how to get tit to fit? Thank you
Sponsored

FK8_Rios

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I also had to adjust mines to fit. I tested it with the hood closed. And I havent had any problems at all.

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thank you for the response but what I really wanted to know is if it’s ok to turn the evap solinoid? Stock is parallel and now I have it horizontal. This is the one that has the bolts or the bigger of the two which insert into the intake tube

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the response but what I really wanted to know is if it’s ok to turn the evap solinoid? Stock is parallel and now I have it horizontal. This is the one that has the bolts or the bigger of the two which insert into the intake tube
I turned mine like yours and ran it for months no issues

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I turned mine like yours and ran it for months no issues
great thank you. I am going to leave it unless someone thinks there is a problem .

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
your talking about the purge valve right? It can be faced in any way as long as the hoses don't kink.
Yes the one with the two bolts. The larger of the two that insert into the intake hose. The hoses aren’t kinked.
Sponsored