hatchback_yue

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
For your information only. IF you already knew this please disregard. If not hopefully this helps you in your future purchases.

Overall PRL Short Ram Intake is a 10/10 for me. But I had issues after the install. I kept getting errors messages for running lean. After checking for air pockets and leaks, I couldn't find any issues. Tried cleaning and replacing the MAF sensor, but that wasn't the issue. After more research and talks with a couple other buddies, we determined it needed a tune since the air and fuel ratio was off. Picked up the KTuner V2 and after my first tune all error messages disappeared. Had my main mechanic check it and everything was back to normal. So if you have this issue you may need to invest into a tune. Its worth!!! Only negative feeling was when I purchased the street version, it stated that a tune wasnt required. If I knew a tune was needed I would have purchased the race version instead. But overall happy with the short ram and will probably buy the conversion kit for CAI. Thanks for listening and hope this helps any one in the future!!!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Truthfully, an intake using a stock/street MAF housing shouldn't really require a tune.

Now that you're tuned though... congrats. Feel free to add your car to my tuning thread (link in signature).

Last edited:
OP
OP

hatchback_yue

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Truthfully, an intake using a stock/street MAF housing shouldn't really require a tune.

Now that you're tuned though... congrats. Feel free to add your car to my tuning thread (link in signature).

haha thanks! Just happy I dont have any error messages anymore. Honestly this is my first time modding a car. Thanks Ill definitely add and check your thread out!
Sponsored