Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT FK7
Country flag
I'm not sure what I want and 400 seems a lot plus having to move the front bumper off. I also get afraid of it being to close to the ground where I live. I heard if you get a lot of rain its not good for the air intake to get wet when driving. I also heard the short ram overheats tho and basically only adds sound instead of HP due to heatsoak. And I would like to get the Race Maf for either one so which will be better short term and long term between race and street.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Performance wise, no comparison. CAI hands down. But if you're concerned about hydrolock, want an easy install and want a big sound change, the PRL SRI is fine. By the way, you will get some small power increase and maybe improved throttle response with a short ram. In some conditions like city stop and go it will heat soak more than the cold air intake.

OP
OP
Sleeper_FK7

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Performance wise, no comparison. CAI hands down. But if you're concerned about hydrolock, want an easy install and want a big sound change, the PRL SRI is fine. By the way, you will get some small power increase and maybe improved throttle response with a short ram. In some conditions like city stop and go it will heat soak more than the cold air intake.
And what about the race maf? I should get 15+ on street and 20+ on race maf with the SRI. Is race maf going to be too hard on my car if I daily it? And how much more power do I get with the CAI? Is it about the same? Just colder air?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not going to get into claimed power numbers because I generally think air intake claims are a bit exaggerated.

As far as the Race MAF, you will need a tune to adjust the MAF scale so it will run properly. No tune= street MAF only.

OP
OP
Sleeper_FK7

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not going to get into claimed power numbers because I generally think air intake claims are a bit exaggerated.

As far as the Race MAF, you will need a tune to adjust the MAF scale so it will run properly. No tune= street MAF only.

And under what circumstances would hydrolock be a problem? Like would I have to drive into a big puddle or is a lot of rain an issue? I never drive in puddles and I usually already go out of my way to not hit them but I just wanna make sure I’m doing all my research before purchasing.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Basically the road would more or less need to be nearly flooded. In other words, quite a bit of standing water. A normal amount of rain on the road wouldn't be an issue.

Also consider the 27Won intake which is designed to help prevent hydrolock.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AEM-1-4000.jpg
This will help if you’re concerned about hydrolock.

iirc, this cover causes enough restriction to render cai moot

Angelortiz15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2019
Country flag
Gtman , is the sri from prl heat soak more than the stock box? Or about same. Does it affect fuel? Or anything like that

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gtman , is the sri from prl heat soak more than the stock box? Or about same. Does it affect fuel? Or anything like that

I am running it. great sound, piece of cake to install, even easier to clean or replace the filter. It does heatsoak in traffic but that is not a major concern in the sense that in traffic you will not go WOT. It does cool down quite fast once you get moving. In the CRV which has a larger engine bay, it runs hotter than the stock box by 4 to 5 degrees celcius. The stock box is almost if not ambient temps.

At WOT situations, the SRI will reach even 10 to 12 degrees celcius over ambient. Again, not too bad especially if you run an IC.

If you run or plan to run an intercooler, the SRI is a fine choice. The CAI is still the best option performance-wise but the easiness of installation and cleaning AND mainly the fact that you dont have to worry about hydrolocking is worth it. Otherwise, go for the 27WON box

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Short ram heat soak is basically pointless to talk about on a forced induction engine. The only heat soak that will be an issue is intercooler. Either way the air is hot before intercooler.

Chandler92

First Name
Chandler Boyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Short ram heat soak is basically pointless to talk about on a forced induction engine. The only heat soak that will be an issue is intercooler. Either way the air is hot before intercooler.
I have a map intake and it gets hot. Ambient temp 50. Intake temp 120. Iat2 62

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I have a map intake and it gets hot. Ambient temp 50. Intake temp 120. Iat2 62
And iat 2 is perfect so your intercooler is doing its job. If you had a cold air only change is the map sensor temp iat1. But your iat2 would be the exact same.

Chandler92

First Name
Chandler Boyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
Country flag
And iat 2 is perfect so your intercooler is doing its job. If you had a cold air only change is the map sensor temp iat1. But your iat2 would be the exact same.
I was told by map that it doesn't matter about intake temps on a turbo platform. Only thing that matters is iat2 temp
Sponsored