Prl race MAF with no tune

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
I know you need a tune to run the prl cobra with race MAF sensor non-si. But my question is... am I able to drive without tuning it while heading to a shop to get tuned? Or would it be smarter to swap out my intake in the parking lot of the shop? Rather not pay a shop to install when it’s something to simple to do.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know you need a tune to run the prl cobra with race MAF sensor non-si. But my question is... am I able to drive without tuning it while heading to a shop to get tuned? Or would it be smarter to swap out my intake in the parking lot of the shop? Rather not pay a shop to install when it’s something to simple to do.
Could you drive it like that? Yes. Should you? Probably not. I’m not sure how the shop would feel about about you doing work like that in their parking lot. Why not get a base map from Ktuner or Hondata?

OP
OP
airickmatthews

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Could you drive it like that? Yes. Should you? Probably not. I’m not sure how the shop would feel about about you doing work like that in their parking lot. Why not get a base map from Ktuner or Hondata?
They don’t have a base map for my ecu for the race MAF. Or else that’s what I would do. Figured they wouldn’t like be swapping my intakes out in the parking lot. Lol. Shop I gotta go to is an hour and a half away.
Sponsored