Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 K20 swapped coupe and 2013 Si coupe
Country flag
Rescaling is a bit new to me since I don't believe I did this on other cars, but it popped up when I was reading about my PRL Race MAF somewhere else. So sorry if it seems dumb to ask. Lol.

I have recently been retuned with all my latest mods, all being PRL everything, but a stock exhaust, tuned on Hondata with 93 octane making 390whp 395tq on a dynojet. Oh, and with the XDi HPFP too.

I recently got the race MAF from PRL too and was wondering if I'd be fine just installing it until I take it to the dyno, which is a 2 hour drive away. Or is there a calibration that I do not see in Hondata that'll make it better. Again, the part I read about rescaling because of a bigger MAF housing has me asking if it is safe til a tune.
Sponsored

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Rescaling is a bit new to me since I don't believe I did this on other cars, but it popped up when I was reading about my PRL Race MAF somewhere else. So sorry if it seems dumb to ask. Lol.

I have recently been retuned with all my latest mods, all being PRL everything, but a stock exhaust, tuned on Hondata with 93 octane making 390whp 395tq on a dynojet. Oh, and with the XDi HPFP too.

I recently got the race MAF from PRL too and was wondering if I'd be fine just installing it until I take it to the dyno, which is a 2 hour drive away. Or is there a calibration that I do not see in Hondata that'll make it better. Again, the part I read about rescaling because of a bigger MAF housing has me asking if it is safe til a tune.
your tuner should be able to send you a revision that combine prl race maf scaling IN the tune that you actually run? and you will be perfect(at least)ready to go

OP
OP
Joescivic

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
your tuner should be able to send you a revision that combine prl race maf scaling IN the tune that you actually run? and you will be perfect(at least)ready to go
How does that work exactly? Like, is it a calibration kind of thing he adds on top of the current tune he gave me? The rescaling is new to me, so I am unaware at how that works. Normally I just slap parts on, go to the tuner and he tunes it, then done. Repeat if I add more parts. Lol. Or if it is like the XDi pump, I had to run that calibration to get the car running right, then drove it 2 hours to his shop and had the car tuned.

I also wonder if the reason the end of my graph gets a little wavey might have to do with my street MAF housing with full bolt ons. Tuning isn't my specialty, so I don't know.

I was also hoping my p2096 and p2097 error codes would go away when it got tuned. It did for a few hundred miles, and they're back too. Not sure if it could be related or not, so I put it in here as well.

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
There is a drop down box in Hondata where you can choose the PRL Race MAF.

Not too sure of the terms used, but under the calibration tab, choose sensors, then AFM. You will see a drop down box where the different MAF housings are available.

It is also be available in the mods tab.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Race MAF rescaling question 1644840567607

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Race MAF rescaling question 1644840756984

* edited - posted screenshots

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joescivic

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is a drop down box in Hondata where you can choose the PRL Race MAF.

Not too sure of the terms used, but under the calibration tab, choose sensors, then AFM. You will see a drop down box where the different MAF housings are available.

IRC, it might also be available in the mods tab.
Ahhhh. I looked elsewhere. I'll take a look when I get off work today. Thanks
Sponsored