typeroar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Over the weekend I installed the PRL Titanium turbo inlet, PRL HVI w/ Race MAF along with PRL's I/C & charge pipes. I had to remove the battery in order to complete the charge pipe install which consequentially reset the ECU and made it go into anti-theft mode as well. But I tried uploading the correct Hondata map accounting for the Race MAF anyways. The upload went really fast and the tach didn't do it's progress bar thing but my laptop indicated the upload was successful so I tried starting the car up anyways...

Well, let me tell you, it didn't take but 0.3 seconds to realize something was wrong. As soon as it started the car was shaking and the idle was super rough. So I immediately shut the car off realizing the Race MAF map did not properly flash on the ECU.

I tried to reflash the ECU with the correct map a couple more times with no success. Finally I looked up how to get out of anti-theft mode. Did the whole "stand 10FT away from the car, hold panic button for 5 seconds then hit the lock button twice and unlock twice." Afterwards, I gave the reflash another try and voila, it went through the whole tachometer progress bar sequence. So after that I felt confident enough to try starting it up again and it started up fine and everything was running perfect again.

So my question is, even though I shut it down after like 2-3 seconds of the car absolutely freaking out with the wrong MAF tune, how much damage if any could I have done to my engine? I've been driving for 2 days since then and I haven't noticed any issues so far...
Sponsored

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
you are probably fine. Similar thing happened to me a year or so ago when trying to flash when the temps were below 40. The flash would say complete but the car would run really rough. Hondata has since fixed that issue. I haven't noticed any problems with car since.