PRL Race MAF housing upgrade now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
PRL finally dropped what I've been begging them for for years now: a hilariously gigantic Race MAF upgrade for the PRL High Volume Intake. This is BIG news. The three holy grails have finally arrived: high pressure fuel pumps, drop-in turbochargers, and the MAF housing needed to measure all that airflow. This is probably the best year ever for modding the 2017+ Type R for big power.

I wrote a blog post here explaining why you'd want one: https://fk8.clinic/blogs/type-r-tech/prl-hvi-maf-housings-explained

Here's mine attached to my Rampage turbo inlet pipe:
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Race MAF housing upgrade now available! 174553787_514426269568763_8081266883801710563_n

They've got a 'conversion kit' for $279 or you can just buy the PRL HVI for $399 with the Race MAF already included. You can preorder them now from us and they'll start shipping around mid July.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Here's mine attached to my Rampage turbo inlet pipe:
I also use a Rampage inlet pipe-

Which "option" did you use for the mating silicone pipe? Looks like there is a stock inlet pipe option and PRL titanium inlet pipe option. Not sure why there would be two different tubes, since the PRL titanium inlet is listed to work with the stock airbox- or so I thought. What am I missing here?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I also use a Rampage inlet pipe-

Which "option" did you use for the mating silicone pipe? Looks like there is a stock inlet pipe option and PRL titanium inlet pipe option. Not sure why there would be two different tubes, since the PRL titanium inlet is listed to work with the stock airbox- or so I thought. What am I missing here?
The PRL TIP has a custom silicone pipe too. It’s compatible with factory but only because it has a silicone pipe that can mate to its larger diameter. The PRL HVI has the MAF housing with the same size as factory.

Rampage has the same diameter and position as the stock inlet pipe, so you choose the stock option.

Last edited:

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The PRL TIP has a custom silicone pipe too. It’s compatible with factory but only because it has a silicone pipe that can mate to its larger diameter. The PRL HVI has the MAF housing in the same spot and size as factory.

Rampage has the same diameter and position as the stock inlet pipe, so you choose the stock option.

There’s basically four silicone tube replacements from PRL now:
Stock inlet to stock intake/HVI intake with street MAF
Stock inlet to HVI intake with race MAF
PRL TIP to stock intake/HVI intake with street MAF
PRL TIP to HVI intake with race MAF
Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up! ?

Tagger888

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda 5
Country flag
Can't wait!!! Got my p600 ordered and now this bad boys ordered too!!

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up! ?
So I actually was wrong, the PRL HVI has the same size but not the same location.

There’s a tube for:
PRL TIP to stock intake
PRL TIP to HVI
PRL TIP to HVI w/ race maf
Stock TIP to stock intake (basically a silicone replacement)
Stock TIP to HVI
Stock TIP to HVI w/ Race MAF

Tagger888

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda 5
Country flag
So I actually was wrong, the PRL HVI has the same size but not the same location.

There’s a tube for:
PRL TIP to stock intake
PRL TIP to HVI
PRL TIP to HVI w/ race maf
Stock TIP to stock intake (basically a silicone replacement)
Stock TIP to HVI
Stock TIP to HVI w/ Race MAF
I've already got a collection of these lmao, what's one more added to the collection? XD

xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just ordered the PRL HVI with the race MAF sensor...I hope I don't have to wait that long. Do you mean if you're upgrading the MAF sensor only?? Their website didn't say I would have to wait that long. If I do I do, but the order said ETA if ordered today 4/30/21...So I'm confused..

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just ordered the PRL HVI with the race MAF sensor...I hope I don't have to wait that long. Do you mean if you're upgrading the MAF sensor only?? Their website didn't say I would have to wait that long.
It's not a sensor, it's a housing. Won't ship until mid July, PRL HVI with race MAF included. They don't have them yet.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.