PRL race Downpipe vs PRL street Downpipe which is better ?

Moises

First Name
Moises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda type r
Country flag
hey guys i am trying to get a downpipe for my 2020 FK8 and i want it to know which DP is better between the race and street.
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
hey guys i am trying to get a downpipe for my 2020 FK8 and i want it to know which DP is better between the race and street.
Mostly has to do with sound, between the two both are almost equal in gains. There’s not too much of a power difference in getting cat less (race) unless you’ve got a big turbo. The race edition will be louder but also smell more. The street version has a really good catalyst that can handle the extra heat and pressure thrown at it. Neither will get you much without a tune.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Race has proven to give more HP but the difference is so small imo I don’t think it matters. Race will give you a pretty strong fume smell (Still bearable) , give you a little stronger rasp, and give u a CEL if you don’t turn it off with your ktuner. You can blow your cat in the street version if you’re 2step crazy which I don’t recommend to begin with. I have the race version but i wouldn’t mind having the street version since it’s not a big difference. Hope this helped.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Race has proven to give more HP but the difference is so small imo I don’t think it matters. Race will give you a pretty strong fume smell (Still bearable) , give you a little stronger rasp, and give u a CEL if you don’t turn it off with your ktuner. You can blow your cat in the street version if you’re 2step crazy which I don’t recommend to begin with. I have the race version but i wouldn’t mind having the street version since it’s not a big difference. Hope this helped.
Yeah, there is a slight gain but IMO it’s not worth it for the smell. Your horsepower from day to day will vary more from temperatures and other factors more than the catless version will give you.

Everyone’s mileage may vary, but I somewhat regularly use antilag with the PRL street version for 20,000 miles now with no issue. The materials in the PRL cat are stronger and don’t restrict the flow anywhere near as much as the stock cat. As long as you aren’t laying on it for a long time for sound and you just release it as soon as you reach boost, it appears to be fairly reliable.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, there is a slight gain but IMO it’s not worth it for the smell. Your horsepower from day to day will vary more from temperatures and other factors more than the catless version will give you.

Everyone’s mileage may vary, but I somewhat regularly use antilag with the PRL street version for 20,000 miles now with no issue. The materials in the PRL cat are stronger and don’t restrict the flow anywhere near as much as the stock cat. As long as you aren’t laying on it for a long time for sound and you just release it as soon as you reach boost, it appears to be fairly reliable.
I agree. I read somewhere that the stock turbo will go out before you blow your cat not too sure how true that is but personally I like playing it on the safe side since it’s my daily ? thanks for the info

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I agree. I read somewhere that the stock turbo will go out before you blow your cat not too sure how true that is but personally I like playing it on the safe side since it’s my daily ? thanks for the info
Nobody's really got a solid answer for it. Antilag is a violent thing to do to an engine even catless and a big turbo. Definitely not something to do on a 100% daily, I have another car if something goes wrong. The turbo doesn't like it very much simply because you're introducing explosions before the turbine instead of just a smooth exhaust flow.

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Mostly has to do with sound, between the two both are almost equal in gains. There’s not too much of a power difference in getting cat less (race) unless you’ve got a big turbo. The race edition will be louder but also smell more. The street version has a really good catalyst that can handle the extra heat and pressure thrown at it. Neither will get you much without a tune.
So what if you are trying to get the prl p600 and xdi fuel upgrade? Will it still be the same or race will give me a significant increase vs street?

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
is the race dp still available? its not listed on the PRL site anymore....

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So what if you are trying to get the prl p600 and xdi fuel upgrade? Will it still be the same or race will give me a significant increase vs street?
A catless DP will let you see some more power with a big turbo but it still won’t be super significant over a high flow cat.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
is the race dp still available? its not listed on the PRL site anymore....
Not joking at all about this, buy the catted version, than somehow gut it, and boom catless dp. Then maybe you could sell the inners to an catalytic buyer and see if they will by the inners for melting down.
Sponsored