PRL Plug n Play Flex Fuel Kit and TSP Stage 2 tune purchased!!

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I finally purchased the PRL flexfuel kit and TSP Stage 2 tune now that i know my FX300 will be able to handle the torque. Im super excited to get it in the mail so i can install it! Hopefully this coming week ill get it. They said they had it in stock.
Sponsored

IcySerg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You’re in for a surprise, it’ll make the car a beast. I once raced what looked to be a 2014 v8 challenger from 2nd gear 25 roll. Beat him by a car length.

What’s your plan for upgrading the turbo? I’m thinking 27won to save the stock internals

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Flex fuel and a good tune is a game changer. You're in for a treat!

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
You're gonna love it, I don't know why everyone doesn't do this right after a tuner.

Ok, maybe tuner, then tires, then flex fuel. . . I did that out of order so now I'm shopping wheels and tires so I'll be able to see what this machine is actually capable of.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're gonna love it, I don't know why everyone doesn't do this right after a tuner.

Ok, maybe tuner, then tires, then flex fuel. . . I did that out of order so now I'm shopping wheels and tires so I'll be able to see what this machine is actually capable of.
Many don’t have access to E85 or have to drive 50+ miles to get some. Maybe not wanting to mod a leased car is another reason. Or flex fuel kit not available to their engine. Or some combination of the above.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Many don’t have access to E85 or have to drive 50+ miles to get some. Maybe not wanting to mod a leased car is another reason. Or flex fuel kit not available to their engine. Or some combination of the above.
Well the first two reasons are understandable and to be honest, kind of obvious.

But all the 1.5's can take the flex fuel kits, so. . . :dunno:

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You’re in for a surprise, it’ll make the car a beast. I once raced what looked to be a 2014 v8 challenger from 2nd gear 25 roll. Beat him by a car length.

What’s your plan for upgrading the turbo? I’m thinking 27won to save the stock internals
Im not sure yet. Im thinking of buying the internals first and then saving up for the labor then the prl big turbo kit.

milk_jug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si sedan
Country flag
Honest question, u think the 300 clutch is enough? I’m in the same boat wanting the stage 2 w flex fuel and w1 turbo. Didn't think the fx300 could handle.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag

Because you don’t need a new clutch with a tuner.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Because you don’t need a new clutch with a tuner.
Lol ok let me restate--there's a TON more bang for the buck with FF kit over DP/FP, intake, and intercooler.

And you don't "need" a clutch with FF kit--limit your boost by gear (and your throttle) until you upgrade your clutch and you'll be fine.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol ok let me restate--there's a TON more bang for the buck with FF kit over DP/FP, intake, and intercooler.

And you don't "need" a clutch with FF kit--limit your boost by gear (and your throttle) until you upgrade your clutch and you'll be fine.
lol I’ll restate as well- if you want to take full advantage of it, you’ll need a clutch. Otherwise don’t floor the throttle below 4k

Last edited:
OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honest question, u think the 300 clutch is enough? I’m in the same boat wanting the stage 2 w flex fuel and w1 turbo. Didn't think the fx300 could handle.
For me its enough until i upgrade the turbo, then i would upgrade my clutch later on. But the drivability on the 300 is amazing. It feels like im driving OEM until im on full throttle, then my rpms rev up super fast because my lightweight flywheel

Pracis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R
Country flag
This is exactly why I love the Si! There's just so many things that you can do to the car to make it that much better! It's gonna be a while before I start doing performance mods, however, I'm looking forward to it! First, Ceramic Coating! :p (apologies.. I'm not trying to derail the thread!)

@JDMpo0kie How are the most recent upgrades going for ya? What's been the game changer? From the limited knowledge that I've read about Flex Fuel, it looks like a particularly strong mod! Hopefully the MPG is still good!

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Flex Fuel is fun, at first it's a little nerve racking trying to get the right mixture down. I'm running e98 so that I have less gas I need to mix, gotten pretty good at hitting 37% ethanol so far. I always seem slightly over from the recommended 35% on the TSP website.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Flex Fuel is fun, at first it's a little nerve racking trying to get the right mixture down. I'm running e98 so that I have less gas I need to mix, gotten pretty good at hitting 37% ethanol so far. I always seem slightly over from the recommended 35% on the TSP website.
I know it says 35% on their site, but you want to be at 37% to get the 100% timing advance. I’m always around 40-41%
Sponsored