First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th civic Si
Country flag
Hey all
I can finally afford to purchase a downpipe and I’m stuck between PRL or MAPerformance. I have a ktuner already so I’m not worried about Cels. I’m thinking catted because I’ll have the stock exhaust for a while and I’ve heard there’s a bit of raspiness on stock. Is one better than the other? I’m sure performance wise they’re about the same but what I really want is a more aggressive and louder sound.

If I were to go catless is there anything I could do to negate the raspiness such as a resonator delete? And would a muffler delete be a bad idea with either choice.

Thanks in advance for the long read!
Sponsored

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you go catless it honestly won't matter the brand. Either one it's just a pipe. Catted is a different story

CivXHBS2Si

First Name
"Kong"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si coupe, 15 Ford Explorer Sport
Country flag
I highly recommend RV6 catted DP.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
What’s your catted recommendation?
I highly recommend RV6 catted DP.
I agree with this too. I went with the catted dp & fp from RV6 and I love it. I went with the black ceramic coated option and the dp allows you to retain the OEM heat shield that a lot of other dp’s don’t.

MaoFC3

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have the PRL catted, you can hear some rattle but it isnt too bad. I only went PRL cause i had the PRL CAI, it still pops and it sounds pretty mean

OP
OP

RicEeyEs

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th civic Si
Country flag
I have the PRL catted, you can hear some rattle but it isnt too bad. I only went PRL cause i had the PRL CAI, it still pops and it sounds pretty mean
I was gonna go for prl since I too have the cai. I want some more oomph from the catless but I’ve heard there’s raspiness from it

OP
OP

RicEeyEs

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th civic Si
Country flag
I agree with this too. I went with the catted dp & fp from RV6 and I love it. I went with the black ceramic coated option and the dp allows you to retain the OEM heat shield that a lot of other dp’s don’t.
I’ve heard good things about RV6. How is it exhaust note wise?

OP
OP

RicEeyEs

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th civic Si
Country flag
If you go catless it honestly won't matter the brand. Either one it's just a pipe. Catted is a different story
Is it pretty raspy/ricer to go catless without a high flow or resonator delete?

CivXHBS2Si

First Name
"Kong"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si coupe, 15 Ford Explorer Sport
Country flag
It sounds deep especially at cold start. Burbles too when decelerating or letting off accelerator. Wish I can upload a video here but don’t know how to. That’s with just a dp, stock fp back.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I’ve heard good things about RV6. How is it exhaust note wise?
It’s really good. Nice deep throaty tone with plenty of burbles and pops. I’ve got a video of it on my ig page if you wanna check it out - @red_turbo_si

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
@RicEeyEs if you are interested in a full exhaust option. I would get the PRL catted downpipe with the MAPerformance exhaust. The PRL downpipe doesn’t bottle neck to the front pipe like all the others. The MAP frontpipe is specifically made to connect to the MAP exhaust. It doesn’t bottle neck either. You would essentially have a full 3” from the turbo to the tips. I have the exhaust but not the downpipe. I really want sell my MAP DP one day and buy the PRL for the reasons listed above. Also the MAP exhaust is the only option I have seen that gives our car a good sound. Deep and throaty. Not high pitched and annoying. My car does not sound like a 4 banger civic. It’s amazing.

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
If I were to get a catted downpipe would I need a tune to go with it or can I just run it with no problems ? I'm no trying to spend money on a ktuner just a simple install of a downpipe that's catted. I'd also be getting a front pipe as well.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have PRLs catted DP and with the stock exhaust with a resonator delete, it wasn’t much louder than the stock DP. It was deeper but just a little. The res delete wasn’t much either for sound.

Now if you’re looking for a deep sounding exhaust, I recommend a type r exhaust. It sounds completely different and no rasp or drone. Also a lot cheaper than most exhaust systems out there right now. You would need to get it put on by a muffler shop since it’s not a direct bolt on.

Im personally running that along with PRLs FP and I am very happy with it. Just my 2 cents though.
Sponsored