Perrin67_97

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
@Perrin67_97 Sweet. Just bought the same one. Thanks. Cant wait to install my downpipe + front pipe.
I've haven't been able to slow down lol
You definitely hear and feel the difference but it's still not that loud. Its sounds perfect at 85 mph and up haha

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
The full turbo back and intercooler give significant gains over stock, we have tuned our car now with K-tuner and will be posting up some graphs soon. As far as fueling we, we are working on a full billet intake manifold with additional injectors and rail package, we will hopefully be releasing info on this with our turbo upgrade kit.

Our DP will work with a factory front pipe, the way we make and design our pipes allows for interchanging. We only changed the exhaust for the sound, we will have our car back on the dyno sometime next week with the DP only! Stock exhaust and front pipe will be back on the car.
Howdy! I know that this was a year ago. Are there still plans to release this port injection kit and a future turbo upgrade?

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Howdy! I know that this was a year ago. Are there still plans to release this port injection kit and a future turbo upgrade?
I’m more interested in that billet intake manifold if they’re even still working on it, I know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy that works for PRL and he told me when the turbo upgrade would be released. I’m guessing PRL scrapped it for now and will be releasing info in the near future I hope.....

TWISM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR
Country flag
I bought it off of Amazon. It's a little longer than I would have liked but I used 2 tie straps to neatly tie it up

View attachment 156376

20190609_005934.jpg
I am not seeing that exact one on Amazon. Do you still see it if you look in your order history? I did find the one below and it’s 12”. Would the 12” work?

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Type-R Front Pipe DD5C6A5F-CAFA-4BDD-9ECA-16334436B049

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Perrin67_97

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I am not seeing that exact one on Amazon. Do you still see it if you look in your order history? I did find the one below and it’s 12”. Would the 12” work?

DD5C6A5F-CAFA-4BDD-9ECA-16334436B049.png
It should work. The factory o2 sensor harness was like 2 inches too short. I wanted a 12 in one like this to but only saw the 20in one that I purchased. Hence the need for zip ties.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
So what about the non catted dp, with a tuner blocking the cell what can you do to make the readiness report ready. Or is that impossible and the only way to get it all working is a catted version here?

zcEF

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
As the tuner disables the secondary o2 sensor it would be impossible to set readiness with catless unless you can get the defouler perfect and not need to turn the secondary sensor off.

So what about the non catted dp, with a tuner blocking the cell what can you do to make the readiness report ready. Or is that impossible and the only way to get it all working is a catted version here?

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
As the tuner disables the secondary o2 sensor it would be impossible to set readiness with catless unless you can get the defouler perfect and not need to turn the secondary sensor off.
So with the catted variant, plugging in the O2 in, no defouler, and using the tuner to eliminate a cell, I could get readiness to read a.ok?

zcEF

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
No. If you have a CEL or disable the sensor, you will not have readiness set. You'd have to get catted and have the light not come on at all, Which some people have had without the defouler. I used the defouler with my catted one and got the light.

So with the catted variant, plugging in the O2 in, no defouler, and using the tuner to eliminate a cell, I could get readiness to read a.ok?

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Sounds like, you could be screwed either way. “Good luck to ya son..” lol

I’ll wouldn’t mine swapping out if I knew I wouldn’t snap bolts.

Are there upgrades out there that won’t snap?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sounds like, you could be screwed either way. “Good luck to ya son..” lol

I’ll wouldn’t mine swapping out if I knew I wouldn’t snap bolts.

Are there upgrades out there that won’t snap?
I had one of the two snappable bolts break on me. I'm not sure if it got cross threaded from the factory but on the nut I could see a piece of metal sticking out right where the uncovered threads and nut meet. Like the bolt got twisted up wrong. It was a bitch to remove and ended up just snapping off. There was enough bolt left on the turbo to put another on. I still haven't put one on so my downpipe has 3 of 4. I regret getting the catted one but at this point I don't want to swap them out until I get their upgraded turbo down the road so I don't have to worry about snapping the other weak bolt. In my own stupidity I didn't really spray the bolt I broke down enough before hand. The other one I soaked and let sit before removing. With the turbo blanket and a summer of hard driving I'm sure the bolts are even weaker
Sponsored

Last edited: