PRL Motorsports Stock Replacement Air Filter and Silicone Intake Hose

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Civic Si Sedan
May be a dumb question but is there any reason everyone is going with an afe filter instead of the one provided in the PRL kit? If we are going drop in for the filter and PRL for the hose, K&N would really be the BEST drop in though right?
Sponsored

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
May be a dumb question but is there any reason everyone is going with an afe filter instead of the one provided in the PRL kit? If we are going drop in for the filter and PRL for the hose, K&N would really be the BEST drop in though right?
I’m using a K&N drop in on my stage 1.
Best drop in filter is personal preference. Some people don’t like to use oils so they go with the dry flow instead.
Another reason is people will say that the oil screws with the MAF sensor. Hasn’t happened to any of my cars with K&N drop ins.

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
I’m using a K&N drop in on my stage 1.
Best drop in filter is personal preference. Some people don’t like to use oils so they go with the dry flow instead.
Another reason is people will say that the oil screws with the MAF sensor. Hasn’t happened to any of my cars with K&N drop ins.
Yeah that's mostly the reason due to over oiling, AFE makes good filters.

whiteboyblackcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah that's mostly the reason due to over oiling, AFE makes good filters.
I’ve had my k&n in for over 6k miles and not a single problem. Part number is 30-5044 for the k&n filter. A quick heads up tho, advanced auto and o’riellys didn’t have them in stock. I had to order it and wait a couple days for it to be shipped. Save yourself a trip and order it from the website first.

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Civic Si Sedan
Thanks for the feedback guys. Guess I'll start pricing the filters and make my decision. I have a little bit because the dealership hasn't located my new Si yet but it's coming and I like having parts in the garage to put on when I get a new car :)

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I’ve had my k&n in for over 6k miles and not a single problem. Part number is 30-5044 for the k&n filter. A quick heads up tho, advanced auto and o’riellys didn’t have them in stock. I had to order it and wait a couple days for it to be shipped. Save yourself a trip and order it from the website first.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Guess I'll start pricing the filters and make my decision. I have a little bit because the dealership hasn't located my new Si yet but it's coming and I like having parts in the garage to put on when I get a new car :)
We almost always have the Filters in stock, they are made here in PA Local to us, and hands down trust them as more than a kn since we have our hand in the design.

miketeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 2k18 / DC4 2k1
Country flag
Hi @PRL Motorsports team - Here in Canada, the windshield washer fluid reservoir is on the driver side. I've read/heard that it cause issue installing your CAI. I need to read a little bit more to confirm, but i'm just questionning before buying.

Have you heard anything on this?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi @PRL Motorsports team - Here in Canada, the windshield washer fluid reservoir is on the driver side. I've read/heard that it cause issue installing your CAI. I need to read a little bit more to confirm, but i'm just questionning before buying.

Have you heard anything on this?
If a candian customer would like a free intake, they can drive down here to our shop (about 6 hours from toronto) we can make a kit up as drop down for the changes that need to be made (changes will not be perminent)

miketeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 2k18 / DC4 2k1
Country flag
I will let other Canadian that are close from Toronto to get this deal, but if I read you well, you'll won't have an official "Canadian Version"?

Thanks for your reply.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I will let other Canadian that are close from Toronto to get this deal, but if I read you well, you'll won't have an official "Canadian Version"?

Thanks for your reply.
you can buy a us winshield washer bottle and bolt it up to your car, re-route the hose and extend the wire to the passenger side of the car. It is pretty simple, however we would rather offer a complete drop down option for the Candanian cars.

whiteboyblackcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We almost always have the Filters in stock, they are made here in PA Local to us, and hands down trust them as more than a kn since we have our hand in the design.
Ok so I got my hose kit in today. Can’t wait to install it. But there was also a surprise... When I ordered ONLY the hose kit on Nov 27th, I assumed that I would get it in 3-5 days as the website stated. Now keep in mind it was Black Friday. Probably to be expected because the deal you guys had was incredibly good, the silicone was on back order although I did not know that at the time. But when there was no shipping information a couple days after my purchase confirmation email, I emailed your staff inquiring about my purchase and shipping information. PRL’s staff, who replied and were informational, communicated with me until I asked for my shipping fee of $8 to be waived because of the delay. Today is Dec 11th. And my parts came in the time frame they were promised. Since I haven’t heard anything since that last email, I figured there wasn’t going to be free shipping and I’d get the parts early this week. I get my package open it to check out my new awesome car parts and come to find a drop in air filter that I did not order inside as well. There was also nothing on the invoice that came on the package about the filter. So I’m going to assume that is a FREE part for the trouble with the back order. If not then someone messed up hahaha. I’m going to assume that it actually is a free part for the trouble. And if it is in all honesty, that’s the best customer service I’ve ever received from a company. And you’ve earned a customer for life. I will gladly install your drop-in filter and take out my k&n. Thank you PRL Motorsports. Keep up the amazing work, it shows in the quality of your parts and service. Only question I have is does the filter come pre-oiled? And if not, what would you recommend?

Thank you from an appreciative customer for life, Jeff D.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok so I got my hose kit in today. Can’t wait to install it. But there was also a surprise... When I ordered ONLY the hose kit on Nov 27th, I assumed that I would get it in 3-5 days as the website stated. Now keep in mind it was Black Friday. Probably to be expected because the deal you guys had was incredibly good, the silicone was on back order although I did not know that at the time. But when there was no shipping information a couple days after my purchase confirmation email, I emailed your staff inquiring about my purchase and shipping information. PRL’s staff, who replied and were informational, communicated with me until I asked for my shipping fee of $8 to be waived because of the delay. Today is Dec 11th. And my parts came in the time frame they were promised. Since I haven’t heard anything since that last email, I figured there wasn’t going to be free shipping and I’d get the parts early this week. I get my package open it to check out my new awesome car parts and come to find a drop in air filter that I did not order inside as well. There was also nothing on the invoice that came on the package about the filter. So I’m going to assume that is a FREE part for the trouble with the back order. If not then someone messed up hahaha. I’m going to assume that it actually is a free part for the trouble. And if it is in all honesty, that’s the best customer service I’ve ever received from a company. And you’ve earned a customer for life. I will gladly install your drop-in filter and take out my k&n. Thank you PRL Motorsports. Keep up the amazing work, it shows in the quality of your parts and service. Only question I have is does the filter come pre-oiled? And if not, what would you recommend?

Thank you from an appreciative customer for life, Jeff D.
Jeff,

Sorry about the brief backorder, the past couple of months have been VERY busy for us, so we've had to really change the ways we've done things in the past to accommodate this growth. With that being said, we are getting back on track and plan to be smooth sailing on most everything after the New Year! It's nice to hear these kind words because it is not often that businesses are informed of the positivity, mostly the negativity :(. Yes, these filters are pre-oiled. We recommend our the filter recharge kit on our site :)

glbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sports Hatchback
Country flag
Got my Stage 1 Kit yesterday. Really looks good. Maybe this weekend I will install it.
The air filter is very similar with what I am currently using for my other 2 vehicles (Green Air Filter) only this one is in Blue. Plus the recharge kit is the same.

whiteboyblackcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Stock Replacement Air Filter and Silicone Intake Hose 6EE2CE37-8494-4B48-BC3D-7ED6E73F8A99

Got the stage 1 kit installed a couple days ago. Stripped a bolt head for the clamps holding the stock induction hose in place so just be careful. Don’t make the mistake like me of trying to use the Phillips head on the bolts. Just use a metric socket on everything. The PRL drop in filter is much thinner in depth than the k&n. When I say thinner I don’t mean the actual filter material. Just the depth of the unit itself. Which I wasn’t expecting but still performs as well if not better. I think the thinner filter is why I can hear a noticeable difference in the induction noise. Throttle response is also better too. Much easier to rev match downshifting in lower rpms. I wasn’t looking for hp gains but it’s always nice to gain a couple for such a simple mod. It’s always fun to drop down a gear or two and hear that little turbski spool. Now it’s even more audible. Thanks PRL!

wopsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I missed out on the Black Friday sale. Didn’t realize you guys were doing it. Any chance you’ll have a sale again like this? Would like to get th stage 1 kit with the cleaner/ oil kit. If not, I’ll pay more attention next Black Friday.:)
Sponsored