PRL Motorsports Race MAF Housing Upgrade for HVI

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 FK8, ā€˜19 XC60 R-Design, ā€˜17 ZL1, ā€˜02 SS
Country flag
Will the housing actually bolt up to the box or will I have to ream the holes out bigger like with the original?

Will the kit include the proper hardware or instructions like the original failed to deliver?
Sponsored

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Will you be selling these updated housings bundled with the hvi?
We are still discussing how this will be sold, but should have this figured out very shortly!

Will the housing actually bolt up to the box or will I have to ream the holes out bigger like with the original?

Will the kit include the proper hardware or instructions like the original failed to deliver?
Do you ever contribute anything positive or productive to this community? :rolleyes1:

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Your forum name suits you well, only an American psycho would keep harassing a company for years over missing a $5 part that you couldā€™ve used some common sense for anyways. Iā€™ve honestly never seen you post anything of value, not even merit for discussion. Why do you still come here? Boredom?

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
When I can.

Sorry, canā€™t get over just how dishonest you guys are. Deal with it.
Hey mate - we get it. You're upset the original was garbage. I've taken a shot at anyone who'se said any intake is better than OEM with a K&N. Generally, they aren't. I will lament that the HVI is better.

But you ought to let it go. I get trolling but you're obvi butt hurt here.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey mate - we get it. You're upset the original was garbage. I've taken a shot at anyone who'se said any intake is better than OEM with a K&N. Generally, they aren't. I will lament that the HVI is better.

But you ought to let it go. I get trolling but you're obvi butt hurt here.
Mine was an even bigger piece of garbage than most.

Why would I drop it?

Your forum name suits you well, only an American psycho would keep harassing a company for years over missing a $5 part that you couldā€™ve used some common sense for anyways. Iā€™ve honestly never seen you post anything of value, not even merit for discussion. Why do you still come here? Boredom?
$5 part? You donā€™t even know what youā€™re talking about. Iā€™m assuming your ignorant ass is talking about a hose clamp which wasnā€™t the issue. Should I have stretched it out? What common sense should I have used?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
$5 part? You donā€™t even know what youā€™re talking about. Iā€™m assuming your dumbass is talking about a hose clamp. Should I have stretched it out? What common sense should I have used?
Talking about the loctite, the main item everyone was missing. If you had some one-off experience that youā€™re still complaining about thatā€™s even worse.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Talking about the loctite, the main item everyone was missing. If you had some one-off experience that youā€™re still complaining about thatā€™s even worse.
its probably the one where the holes didnt line up to mount the maf housing to the intake box. Hes been on prls butt about that ever since lol.

Ive personally installed 3 hvi now and havent ran into that issue so idk.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

Lol, wut? My HVI (one of the first shipment preorder, like # 10 to do so) went together like butter. Not a single modification necessary.

And instructions? Seriously my guy, if you couldn't figure out how the HVI goes together in about 30 seconds you should probably have your wife install your parts in the future.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
***No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. / ***Post in a manner that promotes good will in the community.
Lol, wut? My HVI (one of the first shipment preorder, like # 10 to do so) went together like butter. Not a single modification necessary.

And instructions? Seriously my guy, if you couldn't figure out how the HVI goes together in about 30 seconds you should probably have your wife install your parts in the future.
*shakes head*

Iā€™m honestly really happy you got a package that had everything you needed to install without an issue.

I did not. I got a box with missing parts, parts from a prototype, parts that looked like shit, parts that werenā€™t to spec and a bunch of attitude from PRL. They never made me whole while saying they did and it pisses me off.

You guys keep wearing those capes, though.

Edit: my instructions comment was about the handful of people talking about their hardware rattling loose only for PRL to tell them they should have torqued to the specs or used the loctite they didnā€™t tell anyone to use.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
*shakes head*

Iā€™m honestly really happy you got a package that had everything you needed to install without an issue.

I did not. I got a box with missing parts, parts from a prototype, parts that looked like shit, parts that werenā€™t to spec and a bunch of attitude from PRL. They never made me whole while saying they did and it pisses me off.

Edit: my instructions comment was about the handful of people talking about their hardware rattling loose only for PRL to tell them they should have torqued to the specs or used the loctite they didnā€™t tell anyone to use.
I saw all the posts. I also had the problem with the box cover screws.

Instead of whining on the internet like a little bitch I went to the hardware store, spent all of about $1.50 on a dozen M8 screws and solved the problem myself.

Did you try asking to speak to a manager, Karen?

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I saw all the posts. I also had the problem with the box cover screws.

Instead of whining on the internet like a little bitch I went to the hardware store, spent all of about $1.50 on a dozen M8 screws and solved the problem myself.

Did you try asking to speak to a manager, Karen?
Lol

Cool story.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Thanks guys!

*shakes head*

For the 90th time, we apologize for whatever reason you seem to be upset, I have yet to pinpoint exactly why. Though the efforts that you go through to attempt to troll any post you see, whether it be PRL-related or not, is just sad. A different attitude and constructive comments or criticism would go much further. Have you taken a step back and checked your own attitude?

We would never ship a "prototype" to a customer. All of our intakes are hand fitted with jigs, so I find it odd that once slipped through the cracks, but our apologies if it did. I'm not quite sure what your complaint is about the hardware. For reference, we have sold about 5000 of HVIs thus far, both for the FK8 and 2.0T Accord, all using the same exact M5x0.8x10mm long 316 stainless steel 18-8, oversized flanged, BHCS, with no issues other than improperly torqued bolts. Our hardware is top-notch, industrial grade. We simply suggest using Loctite because some people don't seem to understand how to properly use an Allen key or fear cracking the air box cover. I/we have personally seen folks using the long side of the Allen key during install, which typically does not allow for enough torque. The air box lid acts as a crush washer, so torqueing is a bit different than a standard bolt. Yes, we all wish that an install guide was included with the first batch of intake systems. We felt pressured by the community to begin shipping intakes due to the demand and originally delayed lead-times, so we did what we could to ship orders - which meant no instructions.

Other than continuing to harass us and expect anyone to get on our knees and beg for forgiveness, I don't know what reaction you're looking for.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks guys!

For the 90th time, we apologize for whatever reason you seem to be upset, I have yet to pinpoint exactly why. Though the efforts that you go through to attempt to troll any post you see, whether it be PRL-related or not, is just sad. A different attitude and constructive comments or criticism would go much further. Have you taken a step back and checked your own attitude?

We would never ship a "prototype" to a customer. All of our intakes are hand fitted with jigs, so I find it odd that once slipped through the cracks, but our apologies if it did. I'm not quite sure what your complaint is about the hardware. For reference, we have sold about 5000 of HVIs thus far, both for the FK8 and 2.0T Accord, all using the same exact M5x0.8x10mm long 316 stainless steel 18-8, oversized flanged, BHCS, with no issues other than improperly torqued bolts. Our hardware is top-notch, industrial grade. We simply suggest using Loctite because some people don't seem to understand how to properly use an Allen key or fear cracking the air box cover. I/we have personally seen folks using the long side of the Allen key during install, which typically does not allow for enough torque. The air box lid acts as a crush washer, so torqueing is a bit different than a standard bolt. Yes, we all wish that an install guide was included with the first batch of intake systems. We felt pressured by the community to begin shipping intakes due to the demand and originally delayed lead-times, so we did what we could to ship orders - which meant no instructions.

Other than continuing to harass us and expect anyone to get on our knees and beg for forgiveness, I don't know what reaction you're looking for.
I figured mine rattled loose as a result of my 27Won almost solid RMM. Never for one minute thought the hardware was subpar.

I think maybe a combination of his pink handled allen wrenches and limp wrists couldn't supply the necessary torque to properly secure the bolts ?ā€ā™‚