First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R Sonic Grey
Country flag
Thanks guys!

For the 90th time, we apologize for whatever reason you seem to be upset, I have yet to pinpoint exactly why. Though the efforts that you go through to attempt to troll any post you see, whether it be PRL-related or not, is just sad. A different attitude and constructive comments or criticism would go much further. Have you taken a step back and checked your own attitude?

We would never ship a "prototype" to a customer. All of our intakes are hand fitted with jigs, so I find it odd that once slipped through the cracks, but our apologies if it did. I'm not quite sure what your complaint is about the hardware. For reference, we have sold about 5000 of HVIs thus far, both for the FK8 and 2.0T Accord, all using the same exact M5x0.8x10mm long 316 stainless steel 18-8, oversized flanged, BHCS, with no issues other than improperly torqued bolts. Our hardware is top-notch, industrial grade. We simply suggest using Loctite because some people don't seem to understand how to properly use an Allen key or fear cracking the air box cover. I/we have personally seen folks using the long side of the Allen key during install, which typically does not allow for enough torque. The air box lid acts as a crush washer, so torqueing is a bit different than a standard bolt. Yes, we all wish that an install guide was included with the first batch of intake systems. We felt pressured by the community to begin shipping intakes due to the demand and originally delayed lead-times, so we did what we could to ship orders - which meant no instructions.

Other than continuing to harass us and expect anyone to get on our knees and beg for forgiveness, I don't know what reaction you're looking for.
Good on PRL for saying something here. We are all human and mistakes are made. I bet Patrick who has been holding a grudge for this long, has made a mistake and someone else was affect by HIS mistake. We all have done it and that is where forgiveness comes into play. I bet Patrick is a miserable person inside. No one who holds that much anger over a petty issue is ever really happy. I am sure the people around him know it and feel it. Patrick, it is time to let it go and move on. I just purchased my PRL HFI and crossover pipe and am anxious to get it installed. After this guy's rant over PRL, I'm going to polish the hell out of the aluminum elbow and make it a mirror with PRL's logo highlighted in paint!!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Returning to the subject of MAF's, would this have any benefit to those who are custom tuned on the stock turbo, or is it really meant for those with turbo upgrades?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Returning to the subject of MAF's, would this have any benefit to those who are custom tuned on the stock turbo, or is it really meant for those with turbo upgrades?
Sometimes. If you ever hit 4.96 volts on the MAF sensor it will benefit you. There’s also the possibility that pulling the peak voltage below 4.7v may resolve a bug in the ECU related to airflow metering and fueling but I’m still researching that.

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8, ek4, e46 m3 and crx mk2 soon
Country flag
Hi guys, i installed my new PRL hvi with race maf as i was getting the maf overvoltage error before, i was very impressed by the quqlity of all the parts and the packaging, and the instructions are unlike any ive seen before at first i even thought it was a catalogue, sounds amazing too, only question is,
Is the maf scaling on the hondata quicktab for prl hvi race maf ready to use or do i need to get it tuned properly again? As my afrs were on the high side hitting around 12.4afr.
Thanx

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Hi guys, i installed my new PRL hvi with race maf as i was getting the maf overvoltage error before, i was very impressed by the quqlity of all the parts and the packaging, and the instructions are unlike any ive seen before at first i even thought it was a catalogue, sounds amazing too, only question is,
Is the maf scaling on the hondata quicktab for prl hvi race maf ready to use or do i need to get it tuned properly again? As my afrs were on the high side hitting around 12.4afr.
Thanx
Good question and I would like to know this as well before I get my race MAF conversion kit in.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
installed mine today/started to tune it and WOW!!! amazing stuff,took me 30min?