PRL Motorsports Project Snow White

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
damn, after seeing the gold rpf's on this civic it makes me regret not pulling the trigger on the gold Enkei TSP-5:p
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ask and you shall receive! Data, dyno numbers and sound clips from our Cobra Cold Air Intake system is finally here! We will be offer Si and Non-Si specific systems!

DSCN0899_zpszvcd0ryc.jpg

DSCN0898_zps1a0xw6rg.jpg

DSCN0882_zpsbvykltze.jpg

DSCN0872_zpsxa3ot4xx.jpg

2017 Honda Civic Si w/ Stock ECU Mapping (Not Tuned Whatsoever)
  • PRL Motorsports Catted Downpipe / Front - Pipe Combo
  • PRL Motorsports Prototype Intercooler
  • PRL Motorsports Prototype Cobra Cold Air Intake System (Street MAF Housing)
What's important to note here is that these numbers are in comparison to our previous dyno session where the car had the same exact modifications except with our Stage 1 intake system instead of our cold air so we didn't have to put everything back to stock.

We made sure all conditions were identical for testing (ie 55% knock control value, ~180 degree coolant temps, similar ambient temps, etc) and this is what we came up with.
Civic%20X%20S1%20Intake%20Vs%20CAI_zpsczkz1bqq.jpg

~5 horsepower and torque gains throughout almost the entire powerband in comparison to our Stage 1 intake system. This means 9 - 14 horsepower and torque gains throughout the entire powerband over the factory intake. No these aren't crazy marketing ploy gains, these are honest, tried and true gains that every person can expect to see by simply installing this intake system on his or her 1.5L Turbo Civic without a tune. It's important to note that the car was making 1-2 less pounds of boost throughout the midrange, hence why torque gains were minimal down low during peak torque. These cars are very sensitive with knock control and how it controls timing/boost.

We found the MAF curve to be extremely stable, identical in response to the factory intake. This will be our first cold air intake system ever to not require any tuning whatsoever. Customers can expect greater gains once the boost is turned up and components are pushed to their max. Once we find the limit of the Street MAF we will test our Race MAF

Civic%20X%20Stock%20vs%20CAI_zpsjpqawfu0.jpg

Here is a comparing our 10th Gen Si when it was stock to everything that has been modified now. Very impressive results for no tuning whatsoever! Next comes the fun part... Tuning with @KTuner!

Also, we finally got around to installing our D2 lowering springs!

DSCN0892_zpsvgmn19q3.jpg

DSCN0893_zpsvtzskdjl.jpg

DSCN0894_zpsjzs8becg.jpg

DSCN0895_zps0ss4rgjr.jpg
Jeebus, the intake/turbo noises are so sweet sounding with that intake. Does it sound that loud with the hood closed? Sounds like a vta bov when you shift, even though you aren't running one.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Awesome news. Thank you! 1 question. I'm sure you have to remove the bumper for the CAI intake and ETA availability?
No need for bumper removal, just the splash shield/inner fender liner!

Please let us know when available...
A group buy would be nice
We will definitely be having a pre-order!

damn, after seeing the gold rpf's on this civic it makes me regret not pulling the trigger on the gold Enkei TSP-5:p
They just looks so good. Clean and simple.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Porsche Boxster, 2003 Subaru Outback Sedan, 2015 Harley Davidson Iron 883
Man I can't wait to see what a tune does. You guys should show some pulls on the street so we can see the difference in acceleration. I'm sure its nothing crazy but nonetheless it would be interesting.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We have a big announcement to make for the 10th Gen Civic 1.5T community... Pre-orders for our FMIC kit (compatible with both Si and Non-Si models) are finally available!

Though we aniticipate orders to begin shipping a bit sooner, we set an ETA at 90 days from today to compensate for any bumps in the road with production along the way.

http://prlmotorsports.com/2016hondacivic15tfmickit.aspx#.WZyAlT6GOUk

Kit Includes:

• Front Mount Intercooler Assembly
  • (4) 4-Ply Silicone Coupers
  • (8) 304 Stainless Steel Worm Clamps
  • (1) Hot Side Intercooler Pipe (Textured Black)
  • (1) Cold Side Intercooler Pipe w/ Mounting Bracket and Machined Billet Aluminum Flange (Textured Black)
  • (1) -4AN O-Ring to 1/4" Hose Barb (Black)

Si_Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have a big announcement to make for the 10th Gen Civic 1.5T community... Pre-orders for our FMIC kit (compatible with both Si and Non-Si models) are finally available!

Though we aniticipate orders to begin shipping a bit sooner, we set an ETA at 90 days from today to compensate for any bumps in the road with production along the way.

http://prlmotorsports.com/2016hondacivic15tfmickit.aspx#.WZyAlT6GOUk

Kit Includes:

• Front Mount Intercooler Assembly
  • (4) 4-Ply Silicone Coupers
  • (8) 304 Stainless Steel Worm Clamps
  • (1) Hot Side Intercooler Pipe (Textured Black)
  • (1) Cold Side Intercooler Pipe w/ Mounting Bracket and Machined Billet Aluminum Flange (Textured Black)
  • (1) -4AN O-Ring to 1/4" Hose Barb (Black)
Now the waiting game begins :thumbsup:

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
We've always used and recommended 6-puck clutches for most FWD/RWD race/heavy street applications making decent power/torque numbers. This car will be seeing heavy abuse from launching and high-rpm full-throttle-shifts, which is a big no-no for full-face organic clutches. Full-face organic discs have a tendency to slip and wear much quicker than puck-style clutches in from past experience; we've seen many organic discs birds-nest, or ball-up. If you plan on launching the car and racing on the track or in Mexico, we strongly suggest looking into a puck-style clutch setup.

There's always a trade-off, do you want a clutch that holds the power and abuse, or do you want a "comfortable" clutch? Keep in mind that the pressure plate and sprung vs unsprung disc plays a big part of the comfort factor. A sprung puck-style clutch with a moderate strength pressure plate can be street driven without much hassle (in our opinion). Rigid (unspring) discs with heavier pressure plates will be harder to drive, but this can be avoided for the average bolt-on guy. 95% of our 8th and 9th Gen customers daily drive or street drive their 6-puck clutch with our turbo kits and have no complaints.
Do you have the same chattering noise that Vit has with his clutch?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last week we had the chance to do a little back-to-back, real world testing with our stock 2017 Civic Type-R vs 2017 Civic Si with PRL Motorsports Catted Downpipe / Front Pipe Combo, PRL Motorsports FMIC Kit, PRL Motorsports Cobra Cold Air Intake (Street) and KTuner V2 Basemap.

Both runs from 55mph roll. We did these runs multiple times with the same result(s). The modified Si beat the stock Type-R numerous times from a dig (launch race). This 1.5L Turbo in the Civic Si is an animal down low with immediate torque/turbo response while the 2.0L Turbo in the Type-R shines surprisingly well up top when given the chance to rev. We expect the Type-R to be a monster after we begin modifying it with PRL goodies and work with KTuner. We also expect MUCH more from our Si as we begin playing around with ECU tuning.

I know, somebody is going to say, "Who races from 55mph in 4th gear?" This was purely to show the instantaneous passing power and torque of this little 1.5L Turbo in comparison to its bigger 2.0L Turbo brother. Both cars are very impressive in their own way.

TonyStark

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Civic Si, MY11 370z nismo, MY14 Ford ST, MY09 RX8
Jeebus, the intake/turbo noises are so sweet sounding with that intake. Does it sound that loud with the hood closed? Sounds like a vta bov when you shift, even though you aren't running one.
The intake in the clip sounds fantastic, great job guys.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I wonder - with the PRL high flow catted downpipe, do you get an exhaust smell? I like the idea of the increased power, but not if I'm going to be smelling exhaust fumes all of the time.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The intake in the clip sounds fantastic, great job guys.
Thank you! :)

I wonder - with the PRL high flow catted downpipe, do you get an exhaust smell? I like the idea of the increased power, but not if I'm going to be smelling exhaust fumes all of the time.
It's not very strong with fumes, but there is still a bit more noticeable of a scent over stock.