PRL Motorsports P600 Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Drop-In Turbocharger Upgrade Development

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
That turbo uses the factory actuator arm...you shouldn't need to calibrate it. I'm interested to hear what fuel solution you're working on...I've already installed hondata and it works very well.
So I'm in a bit of a dilemma....I actually have an appointment to get my car retuned next monday as well as to possibly have my Hondata fuel pump installed.

But I was going to hold off on installing it because we installed a surge tank on my car (which theoretically should fix all my fuel issues). The tuner's shop is pretty far away from my house and with the recently announced recall from Honda, I'm wondering if I should just get the hondata fuel system installed since my car will be there anyways....

Guess I got until Monday to figure it out.
Sponsored

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
So I'm in a bit of a dilemma....I actually have an appointment to get my car retuned next monday as well as to possibly have my Hondata fuel pump installed.

But I was going to hold off on installing it because we installed a surge tank on my car (which theoretically should fix all my fuel issues). The tuner's shop is pretty far away from my house and with the recently announced recall from Honda, I'm wondering if I should just get the hondata fuel system installed since my car will be there anyways....

Guess I got until Monday to figure it out.
What fuel issues?

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It should. The surge tank has its own fuel pump. On top of that, it should fix what the Hondata fuel system can't, which is fuel starvation during a high g turn.
Makes sense...keep me posted!!!

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Guess I'll talk to my mechanic and see what he thinks. He still doesn't think its the fuel pump but with the recent recall I think he might be wrong...
Pic of the surge tank btw...

AIlJ9H.jpg
Looks very nice...upgrading to the hondata fuel system wouldn't hurt

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Which doesn't hondata require purchase of their kit in order to manage a
Guess I'll talk to my mechanic and see what he thinks. He still doesn't think its the fuel pump but with the recent recall I think he might be wrong...
Pic of the surge tank btw...

AIlJ9H.jpg
Did you consider trying the Holley hydramat?

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I don't have kturner or hondata...I can still have this without either of those right? or would it be frowned upon? I know, probably a dumb question but I'm curious because I freakin want it lol

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have kturner or hondata...I can still have this without either of those right? or would it be frowned upon? I know, probably a dumb question but I'm curious because I freakin want it lol
Want what? A surge tank?

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
You don't need a ktuner or hondata to install a surge tank.

You might need a tune though for the hondata kit seeing as to how it comes with a different set of injectors....

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Let’s stop talking hondata fuel stuff ask your tuner cause if you don’t understand what’s actually being changed in the software you shouldn’t be touching it.
I want to know if prl changed the Area over Radius. of the turbo or known as the A/R. They estimate 600 hp but if it has really small AR of .42 like the stock turbo is goIng to lose some in higher rpm regardless of wheel size. The specs are similar too the garret but garret use a ..72 AR on the kits and the efr7163 turbo uses a .85. Also even the smallest AR on garret available is .49. Yeah p600 will spool earlier than any aftermarket full kit no doubt about that. I’m not saying it won’t make up to 600 hp but it’s going to require more boost higher rpm. I also wonder how having the stock turbo outlet will effect it. I hope the increased the AR. At least a little bit.