PRL Motorsports P600 Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Drop-In Turbocharger Upgrade Development

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I noticed it says the turbine housing is cast 304 so your having your own made. Have you changed the AR of the turbo compared to stock? Just curios. Actually does anyone know the stock AR size?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I'm about to install the rampage kit and have heard about the EFR wastegate issue. Do you know how this was resolved? Sorry if I'm trailing a bit off topic here.
So I’d like to update this on the efr turbo kit. The linkage to the turbo has been updated. Seems like there was a minor issue in the beginning. I will say this. I heard directly that improper adjustment will cause limp
Mode which is not the wastegate blowing open. That would mean the actuator would either have to strip the gears or motor to burnout to open like that under boost. If you over tighten the actuator this can happen causing failure cause each time it tries to reach zero it keeps applying pressure after it’s closed. The wastegate command should read .00 or .02 when installed correctly. It won’t burn out right away but it will eventually. I have the document on how to do it with hondata but there is another one out there on how to do it with a voltmeter.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
So I’d like to update this on the efr turbo kit. The linkage to the turbo has been updated. Seems like there was a minor issue in the beginning. I will say this. I heard directly that improper adjustment will cause limp
Mode which is not the wastegate blowing open. That would mean the actuator would either have to strip the gears or motor to burnout to open like that under boost. If you over tighten the actuator this can happen causing failure cause each time it tries to reach zero it keeps applying pressure after it’s closed. The wastegate command should read .00 or .02 when installed correctly. It won’t burn out right away but it will eventually. I have the document on how to do it with hondata but there is another one out there on how to do it with a voltmeter.

Could you share this document please? I'll be installing my turbo in the coming days and the last thing i need is to have my car go limp mode.... especially when track days are so rare now. haha.

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
Could you share this document please? I'll be installing my turbo in the coming days and the last thing i need is to have my car go limp mode.... especially when track days are so rare now. haha.
What turbo are you installing? And don't take any advice from pierro...he's a douche.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
What turbo are you installing? And don't take any advice from pierro...he's a douche.

Rampage RS-450 a long with their inlet pipe. I also ordered the Hondata fuel kit but probably going to hold off on installing it as our shop is working on another solution that might be better / more cost effective.

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Rampage RS-450 a long with their inlet pipe. I also ordered the Hondata fuel kit but probably going to hold off on installing it as our shop is working on another solution that might be better / more cost effective.
That turbo uses the factory actuator arm...you shouldn't need to calibrate it. I'm interested to hear what fuel solution you're working on...I've already installed hondata and it works very well.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
I also really wanna know about this fuel system too, I’m in SoCal so I’m close enough to be willing to make the drive to where you are

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I also really wanna know about this fuel system too, I’m in SoCal so I’m close enough to be willing to make the drive to where you are
What do u wanna know?

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
If you’re reusing the oem wastegate actuator, to remove it theirs a clip you remove that holds the linkage to the WG arm. No need to mess with adjustment screw and linkage. This applies if you’re using a drop in turbo. I don’t know if this applies to full turbo kits though.

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you’re reusing the oem wastegate actuator, to remove it theirs a clip you remove that holds the linkage to the WG arm. No need to mess with adjustment screw and linkage. This applies if you’re using a drop in turbo. I don’t know if this applies to full turbo kits though.
Efr and Garret have an actuator arm that requires calibrating...it's a bitch lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports P600 Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Drop-In Turbocharger Upgrade Development 20200529_083055
Sponsored