PRL Motorsports P600 Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Drop-In Turbocharger Upgrade Development

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
450-460whp ill take ik for sure✔
Sponsored

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
That’s exactly what I’m waiting for. I want to see the FBO+Fuel system+p600 on a stock engine and what numbers it puts out
Unless Pepos bottom end compression is drastically different, I think it is safe to say that a stock K20c should produce similar numbers. Forged internals dont make a difference in power output unless compression is changed, unfortunately, his CR is not listed. He does have some headwork done though, so that could affect whether stock engine numbers with the same setup.

Based on the information below, I dont see how 450(ish) hp couldnt be obtained with a good tuner and fuel.

@kefi could probably clarify a bit, but this is my general understanding.

" Pepo made a best of 535 horsepower and 482 ft/lbs torque using pump gas with methanol injection, and 472 horsepower and 417 ft/lbs torque without meth. "

RedStar Civic Type-R FK8
  • Built K20C1 by RedStar (Carillo Rods, JE 86mm Pistons, Ferrea Valves, Springs & Retainers
  • Factory 6-Speed
  • PRL Type-R P600 Drop In Turbo Upgrade
  • Factory Type-R Inlet Pipe
  • PRL Type-R HVI High Volume Intake System
  • PRL Type-R Intercooler w/ Upgraded Charge Pipes
  • Meth Injection
  • PRL Type-R Race Downpipe/FP Combo
  • Ultimate Racing Exhaust

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Unless Pepos bottom end compression is drastically different, I think it is safe to say that a stock K20c should produce similar numbers. Forged internals dont make a difference in power output unless compression is changed, unfortunately, his CR is not listed. He does have some headwork done though, so that could affect whether stock engine numbers with the same setup.

Based on the information below, I dont see how 450(ish) hp couldnt be obtained with a good tuner and fuel.

@kefi could probably clarify a bit, but this is my general understanding.

" Pepo made a best of 535 horsepower and 482 ft/lbs torque using pump gas with methanol injection, and 472 horsepower and 417 ft/lbs torque without meth. "

RedStar Civic Type-R FK8
  • Built K20C1 by RedStar (Carillo Rods, JE 86mm Pistons, Ferrea Valves, Springs & Retainers
  • Factory 6-Speed
  • PRL Type-R P600 Drop In Turbo Upgrade
  • Factory Type-R Inlet Pipe
  • PRL Type-R HVI High Volume Intake System
  • PRL Type-R Intercooler w/ Upgraded Charge Pipes
  • Meth Injection
  • PRL Type-R Race Downpipe/FP Combo
  • Ultimate Racing Exhaust
easy to reach 450-470 on this mod list if the fuel can we will see more fk8 oem engine break 450 for daily✔??

edit:whp?

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
easy to reach 450-470 on this mod list if the fuel can we will see more fk8 oem engine break 450 for daily✔??

edit:whp?
If FBO +P600 on pump gas could hit 450whp I would be ecstatic. Id like to go with a drop in next year and be in that range on 91. While I dont think id be anywhere near 450hp, If I could be around 420-430 id be satisfied.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
If FBO +P600 on pump gas could hit 450whp I would be ecstatic. Id like to go with a drop in next year and be in that range on 91. While I dont think id be anywhere near 450hp, If I could be around 420-430 id be satisfied.
430 will be done on a oem fp with this turbo 1000% sure of this?

Tsong

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
I’m hoping fbo, fuel system, and upgraded turbo with 91 can hit those numbers or get really close to it

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Chumbaloo

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic type r grey
Country flag
I have a question when I get the p600 put on along with a built motor and cams would I be able to rev it to say 8k rpm with the hondata fuel system or will the pump not be able to hold?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have a question when I get the p600 put on along with a built motor and cams would I be able to rev it to say 8k rpm with the hondata fuel system or will the pump not be able to hold?
I believe the Hondata fuel system’s pump is still rated for 7200RPM. The XDI pump, however, can go to 8k before floating. If you go beyond that RPM the spring will float and possibly cause damage and improper fueling.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I believe the Hondata fuel system’s pump is still rated for 7200RPM. The XDI pump, however, can go to 8k before floating. If you go beyond that RPM the spring will float and possibly cause damage and improper fueling.
Stock fuel pump is 7200. Hondata I think I read is 7600.
Sponsored