PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R Stage 1 Intake System

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for inquiring about the stage one intakes guys. Brian from BT is correct, the stage one was wildly popular and sold a lot more than we could have anticipated, we are very humbled by all the support you guys are giving us and I assure you we are working diligently to fill more orders at this time. That being said, it will likely be another week until we get our silicone and next batch of panel filters in...Thank you all for your continued patience :)
Understood. So more tubes should be shipped out next week?
Sponsored

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Received and install PRL stage 1 intake. After driving for a couple days I can Honestly say I canā€™t feel the extra few ponies, but what I did notice is slightly quicker spool, the bypass release is a lot louder. I donā€™t know how people can say itā€™s not noticeable or sounds the same, but my wife noticed and I didnā€™t even tell her I installed it. I also noticed there is a small, but noticeable high pitched whistling sound as the car is accelerating. I love it, best deal as I was in need of a new air filter anyways and Honda was talking about $169 to install one ā€ā™‚
This is just temporary as Iā€™m hoping to get either HKS or Eventuri in the future. Stay tuned for future mods. Hopefully 2019 Iā€™ll be installing USR DP, swift springs, rear camber arms

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
We installed our prototype Stage 1 intake earlier today to test fitment before gather data. Though everything went together smoothly we are going to be making one final revision for optimal fitment on the production piece. Dyno results and data coming soon! :thumbsup:

CTR%20Stage%201%20intake%20Full%20Engine%20Bay_zpswvmjc8ne.jpg

CTR%20Stage%201%20on%20car%201_zpsbzjmswzu.jpg

The Stage 1 system will be utilizing the stock MAF housing. We have some big plans coming up for our CAI system that we think will be a game changer! ;)
Where it at doe

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Here is a sneak peek of our cold air intake system. We have been working diligently the past several months improving upon the stock intake system to bring you guys a true cold air design with OE fuel trims in mind.

Keep in mind this is our first design and is subject to change as we move forward.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R Stage 1 Intake System Civic%20Type%20R%20Stage%202%20Intake%20Design%201_zps2cli1wdt

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R Stage 1 Intake System Civic%20Type%20R%20Stage%202%20Intake%20Design%202_zps2hb1ysz1

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R Stage 1 Intake System Civic%20Type%20R%20Stage%202%20Design%203_zpsfjqc8ti9

View attachment 129480

View attachment 129481

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its coming, we have been working on many features to make sure we produce a great product.
no worries man, not pressuring you :D I guess you can't give us a ball park figure on the cost by any chance? I had got impatient, bought the afe intake...then sold the afe intake...back to square one :eek:

dixie1

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renault Megane RS Lotus Exige V6 and soon Honda civic type R 2018
Country flag
PRL , I would always make an intake with a second scoop as the Evenuri one to make a difference with the most intakes on the market.....

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports the hose fitment was on point, canā€™t say the same about the ARMA intake lol....
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R Stage 1 Intake System 283D22F0-8A15-4835-81A5-9ADFC949128D

Last edited:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports the hose fitment was on point, canā€™t say the same about the intake lol....
283D22F0-8A15-4835-81A5-9ADFC949128D.jpeg
were you trying to say that the ARMA intake you got isn't that great?

It almost seems like you're saying their (PRL) hose fitment was great, but the PRL intake they made wasn't...lol...because that ARMA intake isn't PRL...it's just an oem version of CF...kind of a confusing post?

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
were you trying to say that the ARMA intake you got isn't that great?

It almost seems like you're saying their (PRL) hose fitment was great, but the PRL intake they made wasn't...lol...because that ARMA intake isn't PRL...it's just an oem version of CF...kind of a confusing post?
Yes the fitment on the ARMA was a pita, I tried my best not to scratch it up but managed to get a few small scuffs on it.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
We designed this intake following suit with the rest of our product line offering an upgraded intake with the largest possible intake box without requiring any modification, cutting, or trimming. The universal billet MAF housing is available for both the "street" and "race" versions (The billet housing will be the same regardless of the version). We have provisions within our airbox to accommodate a secondary air source in the future.

Currently we do not have pricing determined on this, but will be priced very competitively, we are still sourcing materials and will have a more finalized pricing closer to when pre-orders begin. If everything goes smoothly without much revision we expect these to be on pre-order by late spring 2019.

tdsounds

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Civic Type R
Country flag
How is the induction noise on this stage 2? Stage 1 was very subtle, definitely better than stock. But I want something more pronounced.
Sponsored