First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for all the tips!

What’s the easiest way to replace the OEM studs with Rampage Ti units? That will be the other project I tackle when installing the downpipe
same thing brother, soak the two studs, screw in two nuts halfway into the studs, tighten them together now use the inner nut closes to the turbo to loosen the stud out. Again slow movement are the best, soak as desired after ever 2-3 mm of movement. Should come right out. Repeat the process to install new studs. this time you’ll use the outer nut to tighten the stud into the turbo. Also recommend use a small amount of anti-cease grease on the thread going into the turbo.
Sponsored

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
Had my downpipe Installed by my local performance shop. According to them it went well!

Takes the factory heat shields and looks stock under the hood as a result. Have this paired with the MAPerformance exhaust and it sounds insane! Had the exhaust on first so as a comparison it got a little louder and meaner sounding but very livable thanks to the 400 cell cat. Other competitors out there have 100-300 cell so I would imagine those being a little bit louder and a bit more drone? Super happy with my choice.

BBTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Those who have it installed, thoughts?

PRL has removed the item from their website citing their inability to source the cat due to logistics so get them while you can at other sites.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Those who have it installed, thoughts?

PRL has removed the item from their website citing their inability to source the cat due to logistics so get them while you can at other sites.
Wow I'm glad I got mine when I did.

I had their first gen catted DP on my 2017 and noticed next to no noise difference.

This new gen2 catted DP on my 2021 definitely makes more noise. Nothing crazy but a bit of a rumble it didnt have before. I like it.

Overall fit and finish is perfect as you'd expect.

I hear all this hype about snapping the turbo studs but I really dont get it. Just go nice and slow and you're fine we've done like 4-5 now with zero issues. I wonder if the people snapping them are taking their 1/2 milwaukee impact gun to them?

SpoolinFK8

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

I had their first gen catted DP on my 2017 and noticed next to no noise difference.

This new gen2 catted DP on my 2021 definitely makes more noise. Nothing crazy but a bit of a rumble it didnt have before. I like it.

I hear all this hype about snapping the turbo studs but I really dont get it. Just go nice and slow and you're fine we've done like 4-5 now with zero issues. I wonder if the people snapping them are taking their 1/2 milwaukee impact gun to them?
same here. Glad i got mine when they first were released. To say the least i got it for Black Friday. Installing mine in about a week

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I use an impact and have had zero issues. I just put it on low and let it hit until it comes loose. What they tell you to do in the manual is to hit the wrench with a hammer. That’s exactly what an impact wrench does. They just have different sources of energy.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I use an impact and have had zero issues. I just put it on low and let it hit until it comes loose. What they tell you to do in the manual is to hit the wrench with a hammer. That’s exactly what an impact wrench does. They just have different sources of energy.
really a wrench with a hammer wtf? Are people that weak?

I just used a 3/8 ratchet with a breaker bar and went super easy on it. Don’t just crank that thing down like it owes you money but ease into it and its so simple.

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
so get them while you can at other sites
Thanks for the tip! I just got this from Art of Attack. They have another one in stock in case someone wants to grab it.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume Sam3_PRLHVDP

Somehow I thought retailers don't stock them and they ship directly from PRL. I contacted PRL and they said the cat is sourced form Canada and the with trucker protests, they have no ETA when it'll be back in stock.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag

I actually snapped mine last summer with hand tools. I’d taken the downpipe off 2 other times prior with no issue
Sponsored