Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
PRL Motorsports is proud to announce our direct partnership with G-Sport Emissions Systems Powered by GESi. We have been working behind the scenes for many, many months, in an effort to change the downpipe game for the Honda community. Recently, the stars have aligned, allowing us to implement GESi/G-Sport’s 400 CPSI, catalytic converter in our new High Volume Downpipe assemblies.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume HighVolume_Logo

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume GESi-GSport-Logo-Web

What is CPSI?
  • CPSI, or Cells Per Square Inch, are used to measure how much catalyst material is used in a catalyst substrate. The lower the CPSI rating, the less restrictive the catalytic converter. For example, a catless downpipe would have a 0 CPSI rating. However, a lower CPSI rating also means a catalyst with low effectiveness. A higher CPSI means a more effective catalyst. A 200 CPSI cat will have holes 2x the size of a 400 CPSI cat.
What are the benefits of this GESi/G-Sport catalytic converter?
  • All of our PRL Motorsports downpipe assemblies for the Honda 2.0L Turbo will utilize a 5.00” OD 400 CPSI (850-1000 HP calculated by GESi/G-Sport) catalyst body, in comparison to our previously used 4.00” OD 300 CPSI (350-500 HP rated) catalyst body. Using to A=Ď€r2 calculate the cross sectional area of the catalyst body, we can see that a 4.00” diameter cat has a cross sectional area of 15.90 sqin and a 5.00” diameter cat has an area of 19.63 sqin, which is a 56% increase. Our new assemblies will be the highest flowing, least restrictive downpipes on the market that will not require any type of ECU calibration or tuner for installation. Because of this increased flow, we will be marketing these downpipes as “High Volume”
  • (Soon to be) EPA Approved (currently undergoing testing)
  • Top-grade materials, such as a brand new catalyst coating engineered specifically for Direct Injection applications

Pre-orders are now live with an expected fulfillment date of December 15th, 2021

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume PRL_DP-1

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume PRL_DP-3

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume PRL_DP-2

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume PRL_DP_HeatShield-7

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume PRL_DP_HeatShield-5

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume PRL_DP_HeatShield-6

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume PRL_DP_HeatShield-4

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume PRL_DP_HeatShield-1

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume PRL_DP_HeatShield-2

Last edited:

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I have your previous catted downpipe. Between the new hi flow version and the previous version what’s the difference in WHP? I understand higher flow with less restriction but realistically how much of an upgrade is this from the previous version.?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I have your previous catted downpipe. Between the new hi flow version and the previous version what’s the difference in WHP? I understand higher flow with less restriction but realistically how much of an upgrade is this from the previous version.?
We have not dyno tested the two versions back-to-back yet, but we do plan to here shortly. Speaking from previous experience, data we've been provided from GESI and datalogs during testing, very little to no power should be lost for the average bolt-on customer, even with moderately powered bolt-on turbocharger applications. For reference, our previous "Street" downpipe's catalytic converter would only hinder power by about 3-6 whp on a bolt-on FK8 setup (350-400 whp) with a cat rated to 350-500 hp. Keep in mind that most manufacturers use flywheel horsepower ratings, not 'wheel horsepower." We do not foresee the 850-1000 hp rated GESI cats being restrictive until well into the drop-in turbocharger territory. We do plan to test this, though, and provide data once available.

Been waiting for this since I first heard about it at the Homecoming. Just placed my order.
Awesome, thank you so much! It was a pleasure being out there and meeting everyone. We appreciate your support.

ctrsg

First Name
CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Any idea how many cells is the stock downpipe? And would this 400 cells downpipe pass emissions testing?
thanks!

cfl001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
If I were to preorder, would you be able to do an install at your shop on or around December 15?

BBTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Ordered! Just was I wanted, performance and kind to Mother Nature as well.

The product page says " Exhaust components that may become damaged over time from being coated, heat wrapped or otherwise insulated in some capacity are not covered under the PRL Motorsport's Manufacturer Warranty." Yet you sell the PTP lava blanket for DP. If I purchased the FPRO35-240-02 (PTP Black Lava Blanket) from you does that void the warranty?

AARON_FK8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic TypeR GT FK8
Country flag
PRL Motorsports is proud to announce our direct partnership with G-Sport Emissions Systems Powered by GESi. We have been working behind the scenes for many, many months, in an effort to change the downpipe game for the Honda community. Recently, the stars have aligned, allowing us to implement GESi/G-Sport’s 400 CPSI, catalytic converter in our new High Volume Downpipe assemblies.

HighVolume_Logo.jpg

GESi-GSport-Logo-Web.png

What is CPSI?
  • CPSI, or Cells Per Square Inch, are used to measure how much catalyst material is used in a catalyst substrate. The lower the CPSI rating, the less restrictive the catalytic converter. For example, a catless downpipe would have a 0 CPSI rating. However, a lower CPSI rating also means a catalyst with low effectiveness. A higher CPSI means a more effective catalyst. A 200 CPSI cat will have holes 2x the size of a 400 CPSI cat.
What are the benefits of this GESi/G-Sport catalytic converter?
  • All of our PRL Motorsports downpipe assemblies for the Honda 2.0L Turbo will utilize a 5.00” OD 400 CPSI (850-1000 HP calculated by GESi/G-Sport) catalyst body, in comparison to our previously used 4.00” OD 300 CPSI (350-500 HP rated) catalyst body. Using to A=Ď€r2 calculate the cross sectional area of the catalyst body, we can see that a 4.00” diameter cat has a cross sectional area of 15.90 sqin and a 5.00” diameter cat has an area of 19.63 sqin, which is a 56% increase. Our new assemblies will be the highest flowing, least restrictive downpipes on the market that will not require any type of ECU calibration or tuner for installation. Because of this increased flow, we will be marketing these downpipes as “High Volume”
  • (Soon to be) EPA Approved (currently undergoing testing)
  • Top-grade materials, such as a brand new catalyst coating engineered specifically for Direct Injection applications

Pre-orders are now live with an expected fulfillment date of December 15th, 2021
Is this going to be legal in switzerland for the 2018+?

The last one was just legal for the 2017 modell.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
i plan on staying mostly stock. but i really like this. i wonder if it would pass visual inspection for the yearly state inspection.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i plan on staying mostly stock. but i really like this. i wonder if it would pass visual inspection for the yearly state inspection.
It retains both head shields so I would imagine since you can't see any logos or anything it would look stock to inspectors... unless they really know what they're doing and are out to get you lol. There's always the exception but I would definitely feel confident going to the inspection with this installed! Price is a bit up there but for what you get, I feel it is very worth it. PRL quality speaks for itself.

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ctr championship white, Aegean blue 18 civic ex sedan
Country flag
I might consider it if it becomes carb legal but considering how much california loves to screw over enthusiasts it's highly unlikely
Sponsored