PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume

BBTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I just got mine today.
Same. Now back to worrying about snapping the studs on install and Rampage Ti stud swap. Some say use heat but Rampage says stone cold engine with Seafoam Deep Creep soak.

Tazmo

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CR-V EXL AWD
Country flag
have any of you CTR guys receive tracking yet for their DP?
I emailed them about it this morning and they said I should receive my tracking number within a day or two so maybe tomorrow I will get it. I ordered mine minutes after they announced it so don’t think they are shipping by order date, glad to hear some have already received their notifications.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I emailed them about it this morning and they said I should receive my tracking number within a day or two so maybe tomorrow I will get it. I ordered mine minutes after they announced it so don’t think they are shipping by order date, glad to hear some have already received their notifications.
You can shoot us an email with your order number and we can check what is going on with your order. We do go in order from when the order is received.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Eclipse GSX, 10 CRV AWD, 21 CTR, 23 MT-10 SP
Country flag
Mine arrived on the 4th or the 5th. (Can't remember) but I haven't gotten around to throwing it on yet. Been a little swamped with work and customers cars always get priority over mine unfortunately.

I bought the catted DP from PRL right before they announced the HFDP so I had both for comparison.

HFDP looks shorter than previous version(not just camera angle. It looks shorter in person also)

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports, does this also apply to orders with a 3rd party distributor or are they handled differently? I ordered via @Two Step Performance.
Yes, we treated all customer the same, whether Dealer, Distributor or End Consumer. :)

back to back dynos were done a while back between both catless and HF DP. The difference between both were 5-6hp
To our knowledge, nobody has tested an HVDP yet since these just started shipping. If anyone does collect any data, though, feel free to post it up!

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
Mine arrived on the 4th or the 5th. (Can't remember) but I haven't gotten around to throwing it on yet. Been a little swamped with work and customers cars always get priority over mine unfortunately.

I bought the catted DP from PRL right before they announced the HFDP so I had both for comparison.

HFDP looks shorter than previous version(not just camera angle. It looks shorter in person also)
Yes, I can see that in the picture? Was hoping that was just an optical illusion?

How can that be?? I would think this to be a huge cause for concern regarding fitment no??

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Eclipse GSX, 10 CRV AWD, 21 CTR, 23 MT-10 SP
Country flag
Yeah, I don't know. I think that worse case scenario the Downpipe won't reach the 2 mounting points where the Downpipe and front pipe meet at the bottom of the block.

My only real concern would be that the missing length on the Downpipe would draw the frontpipe too close to the oil pan.

@PRL Motorsports any thoughts on this?

SpoolinFK8

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes, we treated all customer the same, whether Dealer, Distributor or End Consumer. :)

To our knowledge, nobody has tested an HVDP yet since these just started shipping. If anyone does collect any data, though, feel free to post it up!
sorry I wasn’t referring to the new HVDP. I was talking about HP difference between the non-catted vs catted PRL DP. The hp differences was only 5-6 whp.

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
You can shoot us an email with your order number and we can check what is going on with your order. We do go in order from when the order is received.
Can you comment on the new downpipe being shorter than the old one and how that should affect fitment?? I just received my new downpipe, but now I'm concerned about how the installation is going to go.
Sponsored