Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Eclipse GSX, 10 CRV AWD, 21 CTR, 23 MT-10 SP
Country flag
I did as well. I wonder when it will ship out since mine was a pre-order from a vendor/distributor and not PRL directly. PRL's website says 12/31/21 but not sure if that applies in my case.
I spoke to PRL because the date wash pushed from the 12th to the 31st. Theyre hoping to ship before then bit fingers crossed. Holidays are messing everything up.
Sponsored

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I spoke to PRL because the date wash pushed from the 12th to the 31st. Theyre hoping to ship before then bit fingers crossed. Holidays are messing everything up.
great to know. I grabbed it for my si, but seems like more CTR owners decided to grab this DP.

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
great to know. I grabbed it for my si, but seems like more CTR owners decided to grab this DP.
I have the last catted downpipe before this one was announced. I purchased it nnd didn't get around to throwing it on my R with the front pipe So it's still brand new. Going to sell it since I ordered this one.

I think it's new Downpipe is gonna be "the one" lol

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I have the last catted downpipe before this one was announced. I purchased it nnd didn't get around to throwing it on my R with the front pipe So it's still brand new. Going to sell it since I ordered this one.

I think it's new Downpipe is gonna be "the one" lol
Yea I was stuck between their original "Street" version and this one, the price difference was leaning me towards the street DP but with this one being less restrictive and hopefully never causing a CEL code to pop up I went with the new version.

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea I was stuck between their original "Street" version and this one, the price difference was leaning me towards the street DP but with this one being less restrictive and hopefully never causing a CEL code to pop up I went with the new version.
I've had success with defoulers n stuff so it was the "higher flow" that got me to order it. I don't want the car raspy or with too much drone so i was trying hard not to go catless.

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I've had success with defoulers n stuff so it was the "higher flow" that got me to order it. I don't want the car raspy or with too much drone so i was trying hard not to go catless.
Yea that too.
I kinda wish they would have came out with dyno pulls and sound clips to see what the difference would be compared to the street version, but so far everything PRL has released has been top notch so I'm not too worried.

BBTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
$950. Jeezus.
It is pricy but EPA approval in 49 states solves the emissions testing challenge, good for the environment and supports performance - FTW.

Can't wait to get this installed - except for my worry about breaking the studs. Rampage Ti studs ordered but I've heard too many horror stories.

Any suggestions beyond soaking the heck out of the studs?

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
It is pricy but EPA approval in 49 states solves the emissions testing challenge, good for the environment and supports performance - FTW.

Can't wait to get this installed - except for my worry about breaking the studs. Rampage Ti studs ordered but I've heard too many horror stories.

Yeah but still that's quite a jump from $599. That's half on the turbo upgrade for the price of a downpipe. Not saying that I'm not going to get it eventually, but it still hurts the wallet.

BBTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I wonder how this guy got his installed already - . Regardless good to see he passed MA emissions with it installed.

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wonder how this guy got his installed already - . Regardless good to see he passed MA emissions with it installed.
Maybe he's sponsored or has someone in PRL. I wish I had that early bird benefit. Hell I almost got their whole catalog lol . I push PRL heavy on my customers too. Good products.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Same here. I have almost 60K miles so my turbo studs and bolts have been heat cycled a lot. If they snap, oh well. I can always pop off the hot side of the turbo and bring it to a machine shop to get fixed.

There is a video on Youtube of a Honda mechanic swapping the downpipe on a 2.0T Accord that had almost 100K miles, and the studs/bolts did not snap on him. The engine was cold and all he used was some penetrating oil and soaked the studs/nuts for a few hours. He did not use heat either. It makes sense because metal contracts when cold and expands when hot.

Edit: Found the video.

Last edited:

BBTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Same here. I have almost 60K miles so my turbo studs and bolts have been heat cycled a lot. If they snap, oh well. I can always pop off the hot side of the turbo and bring it to a machine shop to get fixed.

There is a video on Youtube of a Honda mechanic swapping the downpipe on a 2.0T Accord that had almost 100K miles, and the studs/bolts did not snap on him. The engine was cold and all he used was some penetrating oil and soaked the studs/nuts for a few hours. He did not use heat either. It makes sense because metal contracts when cold and expands when hot.

Edit: Found the video.
Thanks for the video. Wish he filmed the actual bolt/nut removal to see how much force it takes.

Agree on your comment on a cold engine. The Rampage turbo install instructions also noted to use Seafoam Deep Creep on a cold engine to remove the downpipe fasteners.

Are you thinking using the double nut method to remove the studs or are you not doing the Rampage Ti studs?

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the video. Wish he filmed the actual bolt/nut removal to see how much force it takes.

Agree on your comment on a cold engine. The Rampage turbo install instructions also noted to use Seafoam Deep Creep on a cold engine to remove the downpipe fasteners.

Are you thinking using the double nut method to remove the studs or are you not doing the Rampage Ti studs?
I will most likely use the existing OEM hardware or get new ones if need be from Honda. I have not considered the Rampage Ti hardware.

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
have any of you CTR guys receive tracking yet for their DP?
Sponsored