RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That would be awesome!
Dang. If the stock downpipe is swapped in before a check, there shouldn't be any codes that would cause a problem, right?

Anyone know if running a ktuner tune with the code(s) disabled and the one readiness not ready would pass state inspection in PA? I don't live there now, but will be soon.

If that is the route, changing back to stock before inspections, you are going, remember to give yourself some time before getting the inspection. The Evap system will show not ready for a very long time, as it is the hardest to get to reset. On my catless supercharged FRS, it took upwards of a week of driving a lot to READY itself.

I'd would invest in a Bluetooth ELM27 dongle and the app Torque (android) or Wi-fi ELM27 (iPhone) and a scanner app to check your readiness yourself (unless Ktuner can do that)
Sponsored

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If that is the route, changing back to stock before inspections, you are going, remember to give yourself some time before getting the inspection. The Evap system will show not ready for a very long time, as it is the hardest to get to reset. On my catless supercharged FRS, it took upwards of a week of driving a lot to READY itself.

I'd would invest in a Bluetooth ELM27 dongle and the app Torque (android) or Wi-fi ELM27 (iPhone) and a scanner app to check your readiness yourself (unless Ktuner can do that)
good call. The manual says something about readiness codes and the need to do extensive driving or follow their protocol to get readiness codes up- probably to cover what you mentioned.
I have windows phone, but managed to get a few apps that work with an elm27 module. I haven't used it much, but will probably see if there is a desktop app or program so I can log numbers before and after install of the pipes.

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
good call. The manual says something about readiness codes and the need to do extensive driving or follow their protocol to get readiness codes up- probably to cover what you mentioned.
I have windows phone, but managed to get a few apps that work with an elm27 module. I haven't used it much, but will probably see if there is a desktop app or program so I can log numbers before and after install of the pipes.
There is the OBDLink SX USB connection that is relatively inexpensive and can do all the readiness, clear codes, etc....I use an OBDLink LX Dongle and it's a higher end unit (~$50, but works great), the cheap ones on Amazon cause all kinds of connection issues in the 86 putting it into a Limp Mode while data logging

PGammon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone plan on wrapping their DP with a heat wrap? I'm considering it to keep radiant temps down since the OE unit has a heat shield.

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone plan on wrapping their DP with a heat wrap? I'm considering it to keep radiant temps down since the OE unit has a heat shield.
I was also contemplating this

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can any tuners or gearheads think of negatives to running the catted do and front pipe without a tune? Does the ECU keep everything in check? Also, how long until initial gains are compensated for and nullified to some degree by the ECU?

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Can any tuners or gearheads think of negatives to running the catted do and front pipe without a tune? Does the ECU keep everything in check? Also, how long until initial gains are compensated for and nullified to some degree by the ECU?
Only issue is that PRL has said their catted DP throws check engine lights and they cant figure it out......I suspect all will throw light then.
Check engine sucks because the car will run rich to protect itself.

PGammon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only issue is that PRL has said their catted DP throws check engine lights and they cant figure it out......I suspect all will throw light then.
Check engine sucks because the car will run rich to protect itself.
They could go with a higher CEL cat, but the restriction would be similar to stock. The check engine light is for a catalyst inefficiency code with data obtained from the second O2 sensor. The first O2 sensor before the cat provides data for AFR I believe.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They could go with a higher CEL cat, but the restriction would be similar to stock. The check engine light is for a catalyst inefficiency code with data obtained from the second O2 sensor. The first O2 sensor before the cat provides data for AFR I believe.
so not rich?

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, the AFR will be unaffected as its reading comes from the first sensor before the cat from what I understand.
Will the decreased restriction have a negative impact on fuel economy? Obviously, if I indulge in lead footedness a lot, I know it will. But, I am not sure what to expect for tame daily driving. Maybe a slight increase from more available power from the fuel being burned?

PGammon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will the decreased restriction have a negative impact on fuel economy? Obviously, if I indulge in lead footedness a lot, I know it will. But, I am not sure what to expect for tame daily driving. Maybe a slight increase from more available power from the fuel being burned?
In the instance of my X, when I installed my intake fuel economy increased a few MPG. When I installed my cat-back exhaust, fuel economy went down a few MPG. I've noticed my fuel mileage being down even more since I applied the Hondata reflash. I expect the downpipe and frontpipe to slightly decrease fuel economy due to the effects the cat-back exhaust had on the car. I can't complain though, it sounds fantastic, and I expect the downpipe and frontpipe to make it sound even better.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Sorry for the delayed response guys, it's been a hectic week! We should have a few of these kits out tomorrow, we are working on finalizing packaging, finishing welding and assembling hardware bags. :)

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As long we are updated, Im willing to wait a little. Better to have a quality product and pieces in place then a rush job.

Sorry for the delayed response guys, it's been a hectic week! We should have a few of these kits out tomorrow, we are working on finalizing packaging, finishing welding and assembling hardware bags. :)