PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X

omigulay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport hatchback
Yeah it's tough choice right now. I still haven't decided if I'm switching to catless yet. Only a couple more days folks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
if CELs are turned off with a flash tuner, is that action selective to this sort of case, or is it a blanket action that would suppress indications of other system failures? Also, do the tuners just deactivate the light? That is, does obdii still throw codes?
That would be more of a question for @VitViper or JR, but it doesn't just deactivate the light. Essentially the code(s) would be disabled.

i may just stick with mine. might do some testing with some defoulers or just wait it out hoping hondata will have a fix (*cough* should throw in some free shirts for the trouble *cough**cough*:p:thumbsup:)
Let us know, we'll see what we can do! ;)

I may keep mine as well and try an angled defouler with some heat wrap stuffed in it. I read a post on another forum where that kept enough gases out to keep CELs off. Or switch to the catless DP and get a K Tuner.
:thumbsup:

Yeah it's tough choice right now. I still haven't decided if I'm switching to catless yet. Only a couple more days folks!
Let us know if you change your mind!

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
i may just stick with mine. might do some testing with some defoulers or just wait it out hoping hondata will have a fix (*cough* should throw in some free shirts for the trouble *cough**cough*:p:thumbsup:)
i dont think Hondata will go that route.
you might want to check this thread out http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1292109&page_number=1

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ompanies&p=101002817&viewfull=1#post101002817

if someone wants to test out a o2 simulator. heres one that people use on bmw
http://www.area74.ca/io2/

Last edited:

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
That would be more of a question for @VitViper or JR, but it doesn't just deactivate the light. Essentially the code(s) would be disabled.

Let us know, we'll see what we can do! ;)

:thumbsup:

Let us know if you change your mind!
I can tell you it changes the code. Before reflash you will be running rich and have a lot of black soot out your exhaust. After the car will run perfectly.

omigulay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport hatchback
Has testing been done on individual pieces? I think my plan is that I will install the front pipe only and leave the stock downpipe and wait until I get ktuner or until hondata comes out with somethin *fingers crossed*. I gotta stagger my upgrades since that money flow is limited.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Has testing been done on individual pieces? I think my plan is that I will install the front pipe only and leave the stock downpipe and wait until I get ktuner or until hondata comes out with somethin *fingers crossed*. I gotta stagger my upgrades since that money flow is limited.
read my post above on Hondata

if they were to do it. they would of done it by now. From the two links I posted, Looks like tuner shops are getting raided by EPA or getting fined.

Last edited:

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
read my post above on Hondata

if they were to do it. they would of done it by now. From the two links I posted, Looks like tuner shops are getting raided by EPA or get getting fined.
I think it more to do with how tight these cars are programed now. Also, from talking to handata, they don't do anything unless there is something to actually gain.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PRL tested the J defouler with no luck. Maybe another brand would work but who knows. you can buy a few and test them out :)
just bought a couple defoulers, will do some testing when the DP comes in