1.5T PRL Motorsports Cobra CAI Install

ARod1982

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want this CAI so bad! My only concern is that im stationed in south west florida where it rains alot. I dont drive in flooded areas or puddles just rain. Whats everyones opinion on if i should uses this intake in the climate i drive in. Its a 2017 civic si sedan. Thanks for any info yall can give
Sponsored

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I want this CAI so bad! My only concern is that im stationed in south west florida where it rains alot. I dont drive in flooded areas or puddles just rain. Whats everyones opinion on if i should uses this intake in the climate i drive in. Its a 2017 civic si sedan. Thanks for any info yall can give
Just get a pre filter, that will help with a any rain that may get in there.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will we get better air to the intake if we dremel out some holes in the fake air vent portion? Like my huge fake vent on the hatchback or the si too.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have driven through some pretty heavy stuff out here and haven't even seen any water spots inside my engine bay yet. I think they sealed the bay pretty well with all the plastic and aluminum panels under there compared to the old gens.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Awesome@PRL how long did it take to reassemble and assemble ?
I would expect a 1.5-2 hour install for first-timers, though it can be done much quicker the second or third time around. The most time consuming part would be wrestling the lower dampener out.

I have driven through some pretty heavy stuff out here and haven't even seen any water spots inside my engine bay yet. I think they sealed the bay pretty well with all the plastic and aluminum panels under there compared to the old gens.
We live in SWPA where it's rather rainy as well. These cars, like most newer platforms utilize many layers of undershielding and splash guards. There is always that slight chance when using a CAI, but common sense can rule most of this chance.

Where exactly does the filter sit in the car.. And will this affect the way o wash my car??
Behind the driver's side fog light, above the splash shield.

Will we get better air to the intake if we dremel out some holes in the fake air vent portion? Like my huge fake vent on the hatchback or the si too.
It wouldn't hurt anything, though we figured most people wouldn't want to drill holes into their new(er) vehicle.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope just needed to know cuz I do wash my car alot. As long as there's no effects on that then I'm sold
You would also have to wash it with the car running, and dunk the filter in the bucket of water lol. Or you wouldn’t want to go through a car wash with the front bumper and lower guards removed....

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nope just needed to know cuz I do wash my car alot. As long as there's no effects on that then I'm sold
There should be no issues with this unless you plan on aiming the hose directly at the filter for an extended period of time.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
FYI we have been driving this car everyday with our cold air on it and a very agressive tune, through massive storms and beautiful days the car is still performing and pulling like a champ! These 1.5l motors are great and with the current mods we have, make the car alot more fun than our type r (at least 1-3rd!)