1.5T PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
We have 7 catted combos fitted, tacked, ready to be welded tonight, packed and shipped tomorrow.
I must have lost the plot along the way as I thought you guys weren't going to offer a catted version because your testing showed issues. Could you please shed some light as I would be interested in the catted version? Thanks!

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Any update on the CAI with the MAF housing??:hmm:
Yes, the prototype version was finished within the past 24 hours. We should have pictures of it when it arrives! This piece was very difficult to manufacture!

That's awesome!
Thank you! :)

I must have lost the plot along the way as I thought you guys weren't going to offer a catted version because your testing showed issues. Could you please shed some light as I would be interested in the catted version? Thanks!
We are still offering a catted version for a guys who wish to retain a cat for various reasons. However, there are no guarantees that it will keep the CEL off.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Our prototype silicone pieces arrived today just in time for us to finish machining the billet stock size MAF sensor housing. We will be installing and testing the stock size MAF tomorrow and larger race MAF next week when it is finished being designed/machined. We will work on refinining machining and whatnot for production, but we are more than pleased with what we've come up with. Here is what we have so far!

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0519_zpsauguayxw

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0522_zpsgnfnqihb

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0524_zpsjm7euukl

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0525_zpstrfx8thm

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0529_zpsjzbln4bt

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0531_zpsg6uzic3n

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0533_zpsmhn8gltl

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0534_zpsw2pxnxyv

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0536_zps7o6tfvha

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0538_zpsv2orlzs7

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0539_zpswpk8tytu

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0543_zpsk1kmduy0

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0544_zps0gnvyw4n

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0546_zpslrjixkuw

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
OMG !!! Do want !!!:drool::drool::love::love:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really hope this fits on Canadian models!
I highly doubt it, since your guys washer tank is taking up the space the filter needs to be in. the injen cold air has the same problem

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Does the hatchback have the same problem with the washer tank? Since its made in Europe, I assume not?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the hatchback have the same problem with the washer tank? Since its made in Europe, I assume not?
if the washer tank is on the left like the pic below then you are fine
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development Engine-Sound-Insulating-Cabin-Anti-Dust-Fender-cover-Plate-for

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I really hope this fits on Canadian models!
I highly doubt it, since your guys washer tank is taking up the space the filter needs to be in. the injen cold air has the same problem
We are reviewing a few ways to make something compatible for Canadian customers.

The US hatchbacks should all be compatible with our intake.

I asked that question on the first or second page of the thread. The answer from PRL was "unfortunately not, but try the tube and drop in filter".
:(

Well we finished our "Race" MAF today!

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0550_zpsby6bh3or

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0551_zpsa56vu680

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0553_zpslnezlsee

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development DSCN0555_zps2imtuftq

We also got some sound clips for you!

All clips so far were with with the stock size "Street" MAF housing and off-the-shelf +6psi Hondata FlashPro Tune. Stay tuned for dyno results, fuel trim and MAF curve plot data and our "Race" MAF once we get this thing on the dyno with KTuner over the next few days!

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Man that Race MAF is frick'n Bad Ass!!

Will these be sold in a Raw finish or in a Black Anodized finish:hmm:.... Black would be awesome!!:thumbsup:

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Dumb question. What is the difference with the race MAF? Looks sweet, but curious what it does and what potential gains are

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dumb question. What is the difference with the race MAF? Looks sweet, but curious what it does and what potential gains are
the race MAF housing is larger so it actually measures and flows more air than stock so would definitely need a custom tune with this. Your ECU would not be able to "learn" this new part like it can with stock size MAF intakes. This would then throw off your S trim and Ltrim and most likely you A/F ratios as well
Sponsored