First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great point regarding the switchover from the electronic waste gate. Given that part of KTuner's current options rely on manipulation of the electronic waste gate, I'm curious how tuning for this turbo will function.
Yeah... I'm not sure. That's where the value comes in to using the stock turbo and sending yours in the get the value if the core. That electronic wastegate coupled with the small turbo does some amazing things, and the amount of control from using Hondata/Ktuner is unreal. I would assume Garrett uses their own setup and it could be made to work w/the aftermarket tuning solutions w/o issue.
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Question @PRL Motorsports Will you be releasing the internal kit along with the turbo kit?

Can't wait for all the details!:popcorn::)

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
So are we looking at top end upgrades to push this turbo into higher rev ranges with safety for the valvetrain, or completely stock internals?

We are working with a company on some internals, but our kit will still make power efficiently with stock valvetrain :)

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Nice!

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
For thoes looking to jump on the PRL sale right now. If I were to buy the cobra intake, intercooler kit. Would these be compatible with this turbo kit? Or will this require it's own intake and intercooler/ charge pipe, All in the kit.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
For thoes looking to jump on the PRL sale right now. If I were to buy the cobra intake, intercooler kit. Would these be compatible with this turbo kit? Or will this require it's own intake and intercooler/ charge pipe, All in the kit.
Front pipe, intercooler, and intake will be compatible. I think they will sell a separate pipe for the intercooler to make it a full bolt on kit, can’t remember if it’s the hot or cold side.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you will need frontpipe as well but not downpipe

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'll hold off on the intercooler if that's the case. There's no e85 in my area so I'll probaly be hooking up a snow performance water/ meth kit. There's a throttle body spacer with a compatible hole as well :hmm:. Going fx350 clutch unless somthing new comes out in the next few weeks.

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
We are working with a company on some internals, but our kit will still make power efficiently with stock valvetrain :)
Brian Crower is local here in San Diego.. They told me that they are releasing forged connecting rods for the L15B7 in 4 to 5 weeks. Do you want their contact information?

ani2017

First Name
Ani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
CVT will go

Carb Legal for us Cali guys? No big deal for me if it isn't as I could easily swap back on forth.
I will buy this in a blink of an eye if they make this kit CARB legal it will remove so many head aches getting the car inspected. Anyone know if they are making this kit carb legal?

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will buy this in a blink of an eye if they make this kit CARB legal it will remove so many head aches getting the car inspected. Anyone know if they are making this kit carb legal?

I don't believe they plan to, at least not at first.

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
yeah I definitely wouldn't hold your breath on getting something like this carb legal.
Sponsored