1.5T PRL Motorsports Bolt-On Big Turbo Upgrade Kit

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
My question for the CVT users, how would it react to the new power band in partial throttle.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/hondata-r-d-finds-limit-of-civic-cvt.9957/

According to Hondata, the CVT's torque converter starts slipping above 220lb/ft, between 2800-3200rpm. Apparently a transmission cooler could potentially increase that limit. A different torque converter (if one existed) with a higher torque limit would just increase the potential damage to the belt.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
So this turbo kit isn’t a drop in turbo. How much work would have to be done to get it to fit? Is it reversible?
This is a bolt on kit, so yes it is reversable. The only additonal item you will need that is not included but will be a drop down option is our cobra intake.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You you say fuel kit you talking about e85? I hope not since I cant get it in my area only 91 :( either way think I would still do the larger turbo to make all the power I can
With Direct injection cars, there is no upgraded injectors and most likely will not be for any forseable future, to get more fuel you run regualar additional injectors. We are making a way to add an aditional 4 regular injector to the car. To inform yourself you can look up older bmw 335 tt cars and this will give you a better understanding of how to get more fuel.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Without the "revo-knuckle" style suspension on the Type R, how monstrous do you think that the torque-steer will be on this?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Without the "revo-knuckle" style suspension on the Type R, how monstrous do you think that the torque-steer will be on this?
its really not bad at all.

nvtive_b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/threads/hondata-r-d-finds-limit-of-civic-cvt.9957/

According to Hondata, the CVT's torque converter starts slipping above 220lb/ft, between 2800-3200rpm. Apparently a transmission cooler could potentially increase that limit. A different torque converter (if one existed) with a higher torque limit would just increase the potential damage to the belt.
how do you know or what does it feel like when the cvt starts slipping? mine is pretty heavily modded for the cvt and mine runs fine and smooth

4drsiblue

First Name
Itz_knt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Have you guys worked with anyone to make a intake manifold of some sort to run port injectors?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Have you guys worked with anyone to make a intake manifold of some sort to run port injectors?
I believe intake manifold is on there list. If you read up a bit, they mentioned the fueling kit.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe intake manifold is on there list. If you read up a bit, they mentioned the fueling kit.
My guess is a spacer of sorts that will mount in between the intake manifold and the cylinder head, allowing injectors to be added there.

Something kind of like this: http://www.ad-eng.net/store/p28/AD_Engineering_BMW_N54_Port_Injection_Kit.html

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a throttle body spacer for my water/meth kit came with a nifty port all threaded and ready
Nifty. I don't really know much about how far water/meth injection can take you but it sounds like you know what you are doing.

Have you guys seen these TGV deletes from PRL for the WRX? They are no stranger to that type of machine work:
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Bolt-On Big Turbo Upgrade Kit TGVQuarterShotboth.1

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
While we're on the subject of PRL's other services, does anyone at a high level know what their "Turbine Housing Porting" service does? Haven't seen it mentioned at all.
Sponsored