Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah I definitely wouldn't hold your breath on getting something like this carb legal.
Pretty much most turbo kits out there are not carb legal. It is rare to find one haha
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty much most turbo kits out there are not carb legal. It is rare to find one haha
It would have to be like a direct replacement with the same specs so what would be the point then right?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe Rallye Red
Sooooo how much longer on this kit? Lol

Edit: Apparently mobile picture posting isn't working for me, but cracked the plastic inlet housing right by the BPV mount.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe Rallye Red
Here's the photo I tried posting earlier, pro tip, don't work on plastic parts in cold weather right after the car cools off. Really wanna do a swap now to get rid of all the plastic inlet parts.
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Bolt-On Big Turbo Upgrade Kit 29747114_1918225308249824_748672410_o

ani2017

First Name
Ani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Brian Crower is local here in San Diego.. They told me that they are releasing forged connecting rods for the L15B7 in 4 to 5 weeks. Do you want their contact information?
Can the forged rods run on the stock tune or would they need to be swapped back? I just want to know how many items I would need to switch back to stock before getting the car inspected

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Can the forged rods run on the stock tune or would they need to be swapped back? I just want to know how many items I would need to switch back to stock before getting the car inspected
I do believe the forged internal kit is compatible with the factory tune. if it isn't, I don't think you want to go through the work of installing and uninstalling engine internals for an inspection.

as for the down-pipe with this big turbo kit, i don't believe its catted. so you'll have an issue there.

ani2017

First Name
Ani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
I do believe the forged internal kit is compatible with the factory tune. if it isn't, I don't think you want to go through the work of installing and uninstalling engine internals for an inspection.

as for the down-pipe with this big turbo kit, i don't believe its catted. so you'll have an issue there.
For that I you can just put the stock turbo and pipes back on.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Brian Crower is local here in San Diego.. They told me that they are releasing forged connecting rods for the L15B7 in 4 to 5 weeks. Do you want their contact information?
I would actually love their contact information! My future plans will need aftermarket internals. Many thanks.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
We have 3 pre production kits we are wrapping up now, two are going to others for testing. Once we confirm all of our parts, brackets, silicone, heat shields, etc we will release it for sale!

There will be about 6 different turbo options to choose from with a retail of $2500 dollars with the base Garrett turbo. Kits will include everything you need, except the cobra or short ram intake which you will have to use or purchase with the kit. Again you will have to use our cobra intake or our short ram intake for the kit. You will be able to use the stock intercooler piping or our full intercooler kit. We cannot confirm it will work with any other intercooler piping other than ours and stock. Also as of now you will either need k-tuner or motec, we are working with hondata also.

We are aiming to run the car at honda day at mir in a few weeks!

-Garrett turbo
-brackets / heat shields
-coolant lines and oil lines
-adapter hardware and custom tubing
-downpipe (connects to oem or our current front pipe)
-custom silicone
-BOV

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
We have 3 pre production kits we are wrapping up now, two are going to others for testing. Once we confirm all of our parts, brackets, silicone, heat shields, etc we will release it for sale!

There will be about 6 different turbo options to choose from with a retail of $2500 dollars with the base Garrett turbo. Kits will include everything you need, except the cobra or short ram intake which you will have to use or purchase with the kit. Again you will have to use our cobra intake or our short ram intake for the kit. You will be able to use the stock intercooler piping or our full intercooler kit. We cannot confirm it will work with any other intercooler piping other than ours and stock. Also as of now you will either need k-tuner or motec, we are working with hondata also.

-Garrett turbo
-brackets / heat shields
-custom silicone
-BOV
Some might even do the upgrade just to have a BOV lol
Exciting news! I can't wait to see pictures and data!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

-Garrett turbo
-brackets / heat shields
-custom silicone
-BOV
BOOM, killing it with that price for whats included
Sponsored