PRL Motorsports Bolt-On Big Turbo Upgrade Kit

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the update!

Long term, it would be nice to know whether you can build the 1.5 longblock for big power or whether we should be looking for k20t motors out of crashed accords..
They already have everything you need to build the L15.
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Except the crankshaft apparently.

Very intrested in a short block kit. Or even a long block kit. Paired with a PRL turbo kit and I think we got a solid combination.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the update!

Long term, it would be nice to know whether you can build the 1.5 longblock for big power or whether we should be looking for k20t motors out of crashed accords..
You're quite welcome! We have a short block in pieces ready for assembly that should get the job done. Now we just need a proper camshaft solution for better power efficiency!

Except the crankshaft apparently.

Very intrested in a short block kit. Or even a long block kit. Paired with a PRL turbo kit and I think we got a solid combination.
The factory crankshaft should be perfectly fine, I've never really heard of a stock Honda crankshaft breaking.

Coolnezzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hi @PRL Motorsports

I am curious about tuning options and had a few questions:

1) I understand you will be providing off-the-shelf (OTS) tunes for K-Tuner, is that still the case and will they be available when the kits start arriving?
2) Will there be an OTS tune for crappy 91 (California) octane gas?
3) Will there be an OTS tune for crappy 91 (California) octane gas with an ethanol (e30-40) blend, such as for use when running your upcoming flex-fuel kit?
4) If the answer to number 3 is no, will PRL be offering custom e-tunes (for additional $$$) or will you be recommending another tuner for that, such as D-Rob? Since our gas sucks so much I'd prefer to run some ethanol for additional knock resistance down the road.

Thanks, still really looking forward to it!

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi @PRL Motorsports

I am curious about tuning options and had a few questions:

1) I understand you will be providing off-the-shelf (OTS) tunes for K-Tuner, is that still the case and will they be available when the kits start arriving?
2) Will there be an OTS tune for crappy 91 (California) octane gas?
3) Will there be an OTS tune for crappy 91 (California) octane gas with an ethanol (e30-40) blend, such as for use when running your upcoming flex-fuel kit?
4) If the answer to number 3 is no, will PRL be offering custom e-tunes (for additional $$$) or will you be recommending another tuner for that, such as D-Rob? Since our gas sucks so much I'd prefer to run some ethanol for additional knock resistance down the road.

Thanks, still really looking forward to it!
Hello! :)

We are not in the business of offering tunes or basemaps for any of our products. It is possible that @KTuner may eventually offer a basemap for our turbo kit with one or two of our turbocharger options after they feel 100% comfortable with a map. It can be rather difficult to offer a basemap(s) for a larger turbo kit with so many different options and factors, but it may play to your advantage considering the fact our kit can only be used with our intake system(s) and mainly intended to be used with an intercooler upgrade. We will be talking with D-Rob shortly, but nothing is set in stone. Like past 8th and 9th Gen markets, we simply let the tuner take care of the tuning and what they'd like to do.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Bolt-On Big Turbo Upgrade Kit Upper%20and%20Lower%20Castings_zps1cyjknpt

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Bolt-On Big Turbo Upgrade Kit Upper%20Casting%20Non%20Machined%20outside_zpszu324kny

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Bolt-On Big Turbo Upgrade Kit Upper%20Casting%20Non%20Machined%20outside%201_zpsfygczfgn

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Bolt-On Big Turbo Upgrade Kit Lower%20casing%20machined%20outside_zpsrhe9lvyb

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Bolt-On Big Turbo Upgrade Kit Upper%20Casting%20Non%20Machined_zpsuyefkt8m

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Bolt-On Big Turbo Upgrade Kit Lower%20Casting_zps2hyij5qx

Downpipe castings are finally finished and are currently being machined! Once finished, we will be welding turbo kit downpipes up and can begin shipping orders! :thumbsup: We expect all orders to be shipped before 12/1/18, our pre-order sale will end once orders begin shipping.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

4drsiblue

First Name
Itz_knt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
I hate how the knock sensor kicks in from the 1-2 shift. besides that this look like a good kit for a mild power gains.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I hate how the knock sensor kicks in from the 1-2 shift. besides that this look like a good kit for a mild power gains.
That happens to mine a bit as well. the knock count will trigger. Knock control stays the same. Stock turbo, fx350 clutch. It happens randomly, but usually between shifts, 1-2 more likely. Idling in traffic as well.
Sponsored