AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Nice, I'm on the fence on this or the ridiculously overpriced rampage one...I just don't like all the pieces that PRL has done with the inlet and intake.
It makes assembly/disassembly easier, plus getting to and underneath the heat shield without having to take off the 2x12mm bolts on the compressor. I see what you mean with wanting one whole piece, though I don't mind it, I welcome the design because I hate those compressor bolts and the black gasket lol. The outside finish on the titanium is immaculate. Looks real good in person.

Had some pulls from last night and I could go from vacuum to peak boost in 3/4 of a second. I made sure to start the pull at 4500rpm where I have my tourque set to really kick in. Below 4k it's set much lower, so it doesn't ramp up the same as if I had them set to at least 480nm
Sponsored

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Nice, I'm on the fence on this or the ridiculously overpriced rampage one...I just don't like all the pieces that PRL has done with the inlet and intake.
I agree with you, I already have the eventuri intake so I think Iā€™m gunna wait for eventuriā€™s CF inlet pipe.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I suggest rampage for your needs or keep stock one cause youā€™ll be going through a lot of different intakes :p
Lmao so I can sell you the rampage for dirt cheap :)

I just this thing now with certain mods...the least parts to assemble the better...although can be a pain during install of course.

I imagine the install of this is easier than putting the factory one back on

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I finally got around to installing mine. I was so happy after a long install, but then I realized I forgot to add the gasket.....how essential is it? Iā€™d hate to have to take everything apart again.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit 8FA7C195-9113-4926-8A1D-367FF86B0FE7

PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R #3166, '04 IS300, '01 Tacoma
Country flag
I finally got around to installing mine. I was so happy after a long install, but then I realized I forgot to add the gasket.....how essential is it? Iā€™d hate to have to take everything apart again.

8FA7C195-9113-4926-8A1D-367FF86B0FE7.jpeg
Looks nice! It's very essential. You don't want to risk having a leak after the MAF.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 FK8, ā€˜19 XC60 R-Design, ā€˜17 ZL1, ā€˜02 SS
Country flag
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but the rampage inlet will work with aftermarket intake options as well as the factory factory intake? Thatā€™s great and all, but the whole point is to increase the diameter, right? As much as I dislike the d-bags at PRLā€™s lack of customer service department....It seems like itā€™s currently the best option. They seem to be smart enough to bead roll the ends, too.
Ditching the bolts for studs is easy and will make the install a breeze.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but the rampage inlet will work with aftermarket intake options as well as the factory factory intake? Thatā€™s great and all, but the whole point is to increase the diameter, right? As much as I dislike the d-bags at PRLā€™s lack of customer service department....It seems like itā€™s currently the best option. They seem to be smart enough to bead roll the ends, too.
i did notice a faster spool so itā€™s definitely helping out.

PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dang man. I personally have had great experiences with PRL's customer service. I have the Rampage inlet pipe and it has an increased diameter compared to stock and it works with any intake. You don't need a bead roll with the inlet pipe since it isn't under pressure. I have a PRL HVI intake and it fits like a glove with zero chance of leaking or coming off. With that said, I think the PRL inlet pipe is an awesome piece of kit. I've considered picking one up to compare with the Rampage.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 FK8, ā€˜19 XC60 R-Design, ā€˜17 ZL1, ā€˜02 SS
Country flag
Dang man. I personally have had great experiences with PRL's customer service. I have the Rampage inlet pipe and it has an increased diameter compared to stock and it works with any intake. You don't need a bead roll with the inlet pipe since it isn't under pressure. I have a PRL HVI intake and it fits like a glove with zero chance of leaking or coming off. With that said, I think the PRL inlet pipe is an awesome piece of kit. I've considered picking one up to compare with the Rampage.
Honestly, Iā€™m glad youā€™ve had good experiences with them. Iā€™ve been using their stuff on three gens of civics without issue until recently. Iā€™m also not really looking to debate the bead rolling, just a personal preference.
Anyway, did you get the inlet pipe with the tube designed for the HVI or stock?

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Honestly, Iā€™m glad youā€™ve had good experiences with them. Iā€™ve been using their stuff on three gens of civics without issue until recently. Iā€™m also not really looking to debate the bead rolling, just a personal preference.
HVI.

PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit 47E46867-3C2E-46F9-A325-3E69E9E46B04
HVI. Here is a pic to show fitment.
Sponsored