Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
The PRL Motorsports Turbocharger Inlet Crossover Pipe Kit is a direct bolt-on upgrade that eliminates airflow restriction before the turbocharger, allowing the turbocharger to operate more efficiently. Our design utilizes a cast aluminum inlet piece to allow smooth transition from the gasket-matched 64mm ID compressor inlet to a 78mm ID oulet throughout the crossover pipe. (Crossover pipe material is currently pending between Titanium, Carbon Fiber or Thermal-coated Aluminum.) This kit offers a 50-56% (pending material used) increase in airflow volume in comparison to the factory inlet pipe!

Compatible with factory intake system, factory location intake systems and PRL Motorsports High Volume Intake System.

Kit Includes:
  • Cast aluminum inlet piece
  • Crossover pipe
  • High-temp 4-ply silicone coupler(s)
  • 304 stainless steel interlocking worm clamps
Pricing and availability of this kit will be announced via our social media as we progress forward with material sourcing and revisions. A rough time frame on having this product to market is approximately Fall 2019.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit CTR%20Overpipe%204_zpsirt3qcwn

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit CTR%20Overpipe%202_zpsodlvgilt

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit CTR%20Overpipe%201.1_zps6rviasya

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit CTR%20Overpipe%201.2_zpsygnvbytz

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit CTR%20Overpipe%201_zpsvcymb8yo

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit CTR%20Overpipe%202.1_zpspjarfqnu

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit CTR%20Overpipe%2010_zpsb58d8i3r

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit CTR%20Overpipe%208_zpsvlpynn0k

Last edited:

PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R #3166, '04 IS300, '01 Tacoma
Country flag
Awesome stuff as always from you guys! My vote would be for titanium. It looks good, is lightweight and has great heat properties.

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
Country flag
It's very clear that you guys understand air flow dynamics! I have your I/C and am waiting on the release of the piping kit... and now this... looking like it'll be a bit before I actually get tuned on the dyno now! As with your I/C... well done PRL!

Brian

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Is this expected to have an impact on power? Definitely neat looking, just wondering if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Always great to see new PRL parts available.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
we should have option to do a porting on the turbo compressor to match the size of your turbo inlet,unless this i dont see gain for this?

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Isn’t the FK8 pretty much topped out in terms of power with the parts and tuning available currently due to fueling? I assume this would only be something that might add a little earlier spooling?
Seems like from what I’ve read the platform is kind of stuck at about 375-380 to the wheels. Kinda reminds me of when I first got the MS3. Fueling was the limiting issue on the platform at the time

8yourv8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Isn’t the FK8 pretty much topped out in terms of power with the parts and tuning available currently due to fueling? I assume this would only be something that might add a little earlier spooling?
Seems like from what I’ve read the platform is kind of stuck at about 375-380 to the wheels. Kinda reminds me of when I first got the MS3. Fueling was the limiting issue on the platform at the time
Or to save a lot of time and money just get Hondata and the E85 kit and not buy any bolt ons and get the same power.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Is this expected to have an impact on power? Definitely neat looking, just wondering if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Always great to see new PRL parts available.
Thank you for the compliments! We will be doing testing once the official prototype is complete. We are expecting quick spool and response time as well cumulative over all power gain.

With the type r being plagued with heat issues when pushed to the limit making power more efficiently is the name of the game here too. If we could say, make the same power at a lower boost level the overall temps from air to oil could be improved too. This will intern make the car more reliable and consistent for those track guys out there. Also, you will always have the guys that will push further buy upgrading the turbo and/or adding supplementary fuel system or meth too.

we should have option to do a porting on the turbo compressor to match the size of your turbo inlet,unless this we dont see gain for this?
We will leave that up to the turbo manufactures. If and when a bigger bolt on turbo upgrade surfaces you all will have an inlet readily available to aid the quest for even more power.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Take a look at the comparisons to the factory setup!

Overpipe%20Comparison%20to%20stock_zpsy7bzh5sh.jpg

Pipe%20Size%20COmparison%20to%20stock_zpsdmlycksc.jpg

ID%20Comparison%20crossover%20Pipe%203D%20print_zpsw2admf1p.jpg

Turbo%20Connection%20ID%20comparison%20to%20stock_zpsxktzkgyk.jpg

Cast%20Engine%20Bay%20%20shot_zpsuli8tn4z.jpg
This may seem like a silly request, but I really like the Earth Dreams name plate on the stock crossover. Would it be possible to offer this or something similar (maybe a "Type R" plate) on the PRL crossover piping?

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm definitely interested in this. I would love to powder coat the pipe and give the engine bay a nice pop.

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
God dammit PRL!!!! I just bought the down pipe and now need this.... Can you please slow down, and give my damn wallet a brake!!!!!
Cannot wait for this to come :)