Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ctr championship white, Aegean blue 18 civic ex sedan
Country flag
Nope just gotta get it on the inlet first then walk it on to the intake and twist it towards the firewall to prevent interference with the hood
Sponsored

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ctr championship white, Aegean blue 18 civic ex sedan
Country flag
Believe me I had to figure it out myself noone would give me a straight answer

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
After patiently waiting for these to come back in stock and literally checking every day I found one on ebay. Hoping it isn't a box full of rocks. I did confirm with seller this was for the PRL HVI.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit 20200217_164913

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Good afternoon guys. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. I'm currently installing this on a bone stock 2019 ctr and the instructions on the FB page say that the bolts that hold on to the elbow are 14mm. The bolts that are on the 2019 are definitely 12mm. There might have been a change from the 2017 model to the 2019 model. I also unclasped the small black rubber hose on the plastic wiring harness to give more slack. This made getting to the bottom bolt much easier to get too.

89253511_356405530207453184_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=CxXJCy8a1eIAX8I4joj&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg
This has been corrected on our installation guide. Thank you for the catch! Always willing to revise things like this, sometimes people see things at a different angle or move one little thing to make the job WAY easier.

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1995 Nissan Micra
Country flag
Any updates on eta for these to come back in stock?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This has been corrected on our installation guide. Thank you for the catch! Always willing to revise things like this, sometimes people see things at a different angle or move one little thing to make the job WAY easier.
It was 12mm on my 2018 as well.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
So
After removing the 2 screws is this piece supposed to move at all. It just barely moves side to side. Still blocking the bottom bolt.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit 20200222_132009

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So
After removing the 2 screws is this piece supposed to move at all. It just barely moves side to side. Still blocking the bottom bolt.

20200222_132009.jpg
The harness should move away, but not by much. I forget if there's any clips holding it in place. Taking the rubber hose off of it helps a little.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
What type of socket and extension are supposed to fit in there? Would have been nice if they provided a bit more detail.

The harness should move away, but not by much. I forget if there's any clips holding it in place. Taking the rubber hose off of it helps a little.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What type of socket and extension are supposed to fit in there? Would have been nice if they provided a bit more detail.
A regular 12mm and 6" extension should suffice. Getting to the lower bolt is tricky, especially getting it back in. You'll be snaking it through the hoses and barely able to see what you're doing, but it's not as hard as it first seems.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So

20200222_132009.jpg
You can also unplug the piece that connects to the waste gate
Edit NVM it looks like you already did. With the bolts removed it should pop off, it won't move that far but gives you room to work

Last edited:

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Well this project just took a shit on me. I carefully placed a magnetic tray to hold the bolts on a rag by the intake. I had a socket in my hand that somehow became magnetic. It sucked a bolt onto it then dropped into the engine bay around the turbo. Of course it never fell to the bottom tray. Now I have to disassemble the entire front of the car.
The best part is I specifically used the magnetic tray so this wouldn't happen.

A regular 12mm and 6" extension should suffice. Getting to the lower bolt is tricky, especially getting it back in. You'll be snaking it through the hoses and barely able to see what you're doing, but it's not as hard as it first seems.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Sorry but they should have included a picture for this part. Especially since it's as tricky as everyone says it is.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Well this project just took a shit on me. I carefully placed a magnetic tray to hold the bolts on a rag by the intake. I had a socket in my hand that somehow became magnetic. It sucked a bolt onto it then dropped into the engine bay around the turbo. Of course it never fell to the bottom tray. Now I have to disassemble the entire front of the car.
The best part is I specifically used the magnetic tray so this wouldn't happen.
Unless it fell in front of the radiator, you should be able to reach it just by taking off the aluminum splash pan and reaching around. But that'll require jacking the car.

If it fell in front of the radiator you might be able to snake one of those magnetic things through the holes in the front bumper. Things usually end up right under the IC.

Taking off the front doesn't require a jack, but obviously requires time and spooky popping of clips.

Luckily for me I was installing the charge pipes anyways.

Last edited:

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I will PayPal anyone $20 if they post a pic of what extensions/sockets and how to position it.
Sponsored