TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'd already tried AutoFinesse Dressle (trim dressing) and Revive (trim restorer) to no avail. I can try the two suggestions you've made but wasn't sure how they'd react (if at all) to the silicone of the hose. I was sure the AF products were safe to use so it wasn't a concern to try them.
quite frankly i feel like just some soap and water would work. But the products you tried probably wouldnt work because if i am not mistaken they are made specifically for plastic. I believe the turle wax bug/tar remover i have works miracles and i believe it is mostly alcohol based (of course safe for vehicle paint)
Sponsored

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
honestly, couldnt hurt to just go online/pepboys and find a bunch of things to try and see whats best. I still think turtle wax bug/tar remover will work great. but it couldnt hurt, just try small spots around the silicone and see what works best.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Does anyone know how the shininess to the silicone hose can be restored/put back as a couple of places on mine have dulled too due to me wrestling with it. Being a bit OCD I'd like it to look 'untouched' if at all poss?
I don't think any product will bring back the shine since it seems like the gloss finish was worn off.

Here is a link for a video on how silicone hoses are made.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Does anyone know how the shininess to the silicone hose can be restored/put back as a couple of places on mine have dulled too due to me wrestling with it. Being a bit OCD I'd like it to look 'untouched' if at all poss?
I just use some chemical guys (for the exterior) detailing spray and a microfiber cloth... For everything lol. Works really well removing bird shit too, also tree sap and bugs. Their interior detailer works well too

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Sorry if this was already asked but has anyone compared OEM iats vs PRL hvi iats?

Would love this intake but I don't want to sacrifice performance

Venator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Intake ETA pushed back another month... without communication. 3rd time since I made my order in May. Will we ever get these?

724TypeR

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 white type r
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Intake ETA pushed back another month... without communication. 3rd time since I made my order in May. Will we ever get these?
Their shop is 20 mins from me and literally our state sucks. They’re starting to close everything again.

BigOz

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I am on the same boat as you. I ordered beginning in June and the eta has been changed a couple of times. I wonder what the hold up is?

724TypeR

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 white type r
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I am on the same boat as you. I ordered beginning in June and the eta has been changed a couple of times. I wonder what the hold up is?
Most likely manufacturing delays I’d imagine most intakes are made by the same company and they’re just relaying the news as they get it. I have a friend who just got his though.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Can anyone post real IAT readings before and after HVI install? I have stage 1 and am on the fence about upgrading to HVI. Just seems no true verdict that the PRL HVI has better temp readings then stock or PRL stage 1. Please convince me otherwise.

Panda-R

First Name
Hiroshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
No, not really.

Mainly just for sound
da eff? people buy these just for making sound woosh woosh swish swish? i got better things to spend my money on. no lower IAT no care.
Sponsored