Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We apologize to anyone who has experienced this. Our program used to drill these holes has recently been revised and we have implemented the use of a jig to double-check fitment before shipping for the second batch.
Thanks for the acknowledgment and being pro-active on this! Appreciate the level of effort you guys put into products and following up on them. My intake is doing great since install!
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I plan to have Derek at IMW update my custom tune with this Stage 2 intake system and FBO as soon I get my hands on it.

As reference, Derek tuned my car with the Stage 1 intake and FBO and he ended up at 376whp (up from around 305whp). I think we'll pick up a few more ponies but not sure how much more since we're basically at the limit of the MAF voltage and fuel system.
Retuned yet ?

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Makes sense. I will stop modding for power and reliability with the Turbo Inlet.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious with a question for you guys with the gap on the turbo inlet pipe. Did you try leaving all the bolts for the air box loose, push the silicone tube flush, tighten the clamp & then tighten up the air box bolts? I'm guessing there is some play here, but not sure.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Just curious with a question for you guys with the gap on the turbo inlet pipe. Did you try leaving all the bolts for the air box loose, push the silicone tube flush, tighten the clamp & then tighten up the air box bolts? I'm guessing there is some play here, but not sure.
There is definitely a little bit to play with if the air box is loose. Plus they said it's fine if there is a 1-2mm gap.

DuneShoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '16 Tacoma
Country flag
So has anyone noticed any noticeable gains with this installed?
Mine feels more happy and a noticeable gain in get up and go. But it's purely subjective as I've not been on dyno at all.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Does anyone hear a slight vibration only around 2.5 - 3k rpm? You’ll need the windows down. I thought it was the wire for the maf but I buttoned it down and def not that. You might have to have stock exhaust to hear it. Very slight. It almost sounds like I’m hitting the natural frequency of the air box. Would like to say it sounds like something plastic but eh what do I know.

Matt-10611

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone hear a slight vibration only around 2.5 - 3k rpm? You’ll need the windows down. I thought it was the wire for the maf but I buttoned it down and def not that. You might have to have stock exhaust to hear it. Very slight. It almost sounds like I’m hitting the natural frequency of the air box. Would like to say it sounds like something plastic but eh what do I know.
Check the side of the airbox itself, the 8 small screws that hold the side on like to come loose.
I ended up getting some cheap lock washers and new screws at the hardware store, and using a little dab of loctite.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Check the side of the airbox itself, the 8 small screws that hold the side on like to come loose.
I ended up getting some cheap lock washers and new screws at the hardware store, and using a little dab of loctite.
Will do. Have lots of loctite.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
i just installed this intake and i have a gap. I did everything to rotate, reclamp, rotate, and still seeing a gap bigger than 1-2mm i'm gonna try again but just want to report what I found. Everything else however did fit great.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
still waiting for PRL to have them in stock. One more month to go ...
Ask kseries parts, I believe they have some available for reservation on the sep 12 batch.

I had reserved one over the weekend but cancelled since a local vendor here had some
Sponsored