PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What's everyone's IAT after the intake? I'm seeing 135-140 degrees with regular driving in 110 degrees haha...
Tested today highway driving 75mph on cruise control. MAF Temps were 4-7 degrees above ambient.
Sponsored

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tested today highway driving 75mph on cruise control. MAF Temps were 4-7 degrees above ambient.
Nice! Wish I had a way to monitor. Might have to steal my Scangauge II from my other car...

@PRL Motorsports - I, like others, had slight issues with the MAF housing bolting to the box perfectly. The holes drilled were ever so slightly off, and had to bore one of them out. Just a heads up for future production.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Nice! Wish I had a way to monitor. Might have to steal my Scangauge II from my other car...

@PRL Motorsports - I, like others, had slight issues with the MAF housing bolting to the box perfectly. The holes drilled were ever so slightly off, and had to bore one of them out. Just a heads up for future production.
I also had the same issue, I eventually got it done but it’s tight.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Is it IAT or IAT2 we monitor for the intake. I forgot.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
installed mine to,i was on the afe intake before and the prl sound louder/better, surprised that no dyno have been posted yet so my car is dyno tuned with the afe,fuel trim look good on the prl

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System IMG_20190817_165500_987

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Yes, it is. I mentioned it in my previous post. What tool are you going to use to cut it? I looked at the Stage 1 hose and notice that the evap hose is a lot shorter as well.
I found that I was rubbing here as well. I was able to turn the flange a few degrees (ever so slightly) to relieve pressure from rubbing. It’s still very close but added some foam to it to soften it up. If it still rubs I’ll cut the prl tube as suggested.

The part that is rubbing is the breather tube.
Which is part number 17137-RPY-G00
Price should be $20-25.

The kicker is It’s discontinued!!!!

I don’t know what the replacement is, but this usually means this part will be redesigned or simply made by a new manufacturer (thus a new part number).

jinderC

For folks that are having contact issues ..... you can slightly bend and reform the black metal vacuum hose a few mm back. Take care not to push too hard....but It will give enough clearance. I did that and have no issues

View attachment 169895

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System F166EF23-6079-468A-9EA9-22D19A79BE25

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
For folks that are having contact issues ..... you can slightly bend and reform the black metal vacuum hose a few mm back. Take care not to push too hard....but It will give enough clearance. I did that and have no issues

View attachment 169895

F166EF23-6079-468A-9EA9-22D19A79BE25.jpeg
I forgot to mention that I did do that. Maybe bent it 1mm. Didn’t want to push it more.

I’d push it more if I took it out and had it on my vise. But installed, I didn’t know what else I’d possibly damage, so I was careful.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I forgot to mention that I did do that. Maybe bent it 1mm. Didn’t want to push it more.

I’d push it more if I took it out and had it on my vise. But installed, I didn’t know what else I’d possibly damage, so I was careful.
Just wanted to mention that I took some extra time and moved this metal piece gently out of the way of anything that would rub it. Have plenty of room now.

flixman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R - Black
Country flag
has anybody compare ambient temps with stock and with the new pro stage2? Are the temps lower with the upgrade or higher temps?

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
The MAF holes were off on mine, too. Had to drill them out a hair. The box also has an ugly little lump/imperfection.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System 886FB666-F333-4F45-B753-98DF36CCDD00

I gotta say the fitment of the silicone hose to the aluminum intake pipe is absolutely awful. Is everyone else’s like this?

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System 449881C9-D9F7-4F4F-AC87-F34343534D7A

It’s so oversized the supplied hose clamp wouldn’t work. I called and was made to feel like it’s perfectly fine/supposed to be like this. It’s easily 5/16”+ oversized.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
In regards to any of the silicone, inquiries, the hose was in fact designed to have a slight (1-2mm) gap to ensure that there is a seamless connection inside of the hose. We would rather allow for properly butted connection on the silicone receiving groove stoppers. However, it does appear that a few customers like @VinRRR happened to receive hoses with a shorter cut length than intended. Our apologies to anyone who has this issue. It can be difficult to ensure perfect cut lengths on such a complex hose with multiple plains, but we are doing our best to improve this tolerance window for future batches.

We apologize to anyone who has experienced this. Our program used to drill these holes has recently been revised and we have implemented the use of a jig to double-check fitment before shipping for the second batch.

As for the comments in regards to the Evap flange fitment, please keep in mind that fitment is extremely tight here due to the numerous plains of fitment on the nipples and ends. Fitment was intended to be rather close to the lines and whatnot, but not touching. However, as some of you have already mentioned, the flange can be rotated and lines can be bent ever so slightly to allow adequate fitment (which is still rather tight, but will not harm anything).

The MAF holes were off on mine, too. Had to drill them out a hair. The box also has an ugly little lump/imperfection.

886FB666-F333-4F45-B753-98DF36CCDD00.jpeg

I gotta say the fitment of the silicone hose to the aluminum intake pipe is absolutely awful. Is everyone else’s like this?

449881C9-D9F7-4F4F-AC87-F34343534D7A.jpeg

It’s so oversized the supplied hose clamp wouldn’t work. I called and was made to feel like it’s perfectly fine/supposed to be like this. It’s easily 5/16”+ oversized.
This does not appear to be normal whatsoever. Please message more pictures of this connections to [email protected] so we can tackle this issue.
Sponsored