First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've always wondered - what modifications are made to the maps for intakes like this? I noticed that Hondata always has modified maps specific to each intake (even when there's no impact to fuel trims from the intake). KTuner doesn't seem to do this though, which makes me wonder what's actually being customized on the Hondata maps?

No tone there, just genuinely curious.
yeah, I don't remember seeing too many calibration choices when I was running ktuner...but it's not like I have that many mods, lol.
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I know PRL has a dyno in house but I don't know how much they're doing to modify the tune for the intake - I believe they're just testing the intake with a stock tune. I've been chatting with IMW about doing not only the "Intake Release Party" but also a tune for the intake - if the car can benefit from any custom tune. We'll find out. It will be up to IMW/KTuner if they want to distribute it though-

jcp227

First Name
Jimmy Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue (It's even got a rear spoiler)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know PRL has a dyno in house but I don't know how much they're doing to modify the tune for the intake - I believe they're just testing the intake with a stock tune. I've been chatting with IMW about doing not only the "Intake Release Party" but also a tune for the intake - if the car can benefit from any custom tune. We'll find out. It will be up to IMW/KTuner if they want to distribute it though-
I wanna come to the intake party if there is one!

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've always wondered - what modifications are made to the maps for intakes like this? I noticed that Hondata always has modified maps specific to each intake (even when there's no impact to fuel trims from the intake). KTuner doesn't seem to do this though, which makes me wonder what's actually being customized on the Hondata maps?

No tone there, just genuinely curious.
That was a conversation I had with Derek recently - I'm getting tuned now but plan on going PRL or Acuity for an intake later this summer and wanted to be sure I didn't need a full retune after install. That's not necessary, just a new MAF scaling. So each intake has a specific maf scale or probably a bit of a range of maf scales that works best for it, is my understanding.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
WOO! Every day that goes by is a day closer to INTAKE!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not getting any closer if you don't know a date or they don't care to say.... Some info beside soon would be nice....
It's the same feeling I had in 2017 when we knew the TypeR was coming but knew little else except "before end of spring" which turned out to be like 3 days before Summer started. I'm excited either way.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
The maf housings are in production on our cnc's here along with our silicon hoses. We are working out a few kinks on our rotomold mold, to make sure the end product meets our standards visually and of course functionally. We hope to have our last revision in the next week, then we can begin orders and have an exact eta!