PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System Install Guide

Sloth4urluv

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
***********UPDATE***********
I did try my 100% compensation last night and my fuel trims are much closer now.

That being said I am still having oscillations under WOT.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System Install Guide 9E803FC6-3184-4318-9A6B-AED60D653DE6

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System Install Guide 35766ADC-0A96-44E5-8835-9F7E93DB0A88

Spirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic type R
Country flag
Anyone know the part number to replace this hose ?
Disappointed in the intake hose's fitment, Wasn't aware that it needed " trimming" before install and now need to replace the hose which is kind of disappointing for a 400 dollar intake.
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System Install Guide FXI1y1s

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I don't understand is if they know the hose needs to be trimmed, why aren't they giving us the correct size tubing in the first place. Why is it our problem after spending $400 on an intake?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Anyone know the part number to replace this hose ?
Disappointed in the intake hose's fitment, Wasn't aware that it needed " trimming" before install and now need to replace the hose which is kind of disappointing for a 400 dollar intake.
FXI1y1s.jpg
What I don't understand is if they know the hose needs to be trimmed, why aren't they giving us the correct size tubing in the first place. Why is it our problem after spending $400 on an intake?
By looking at the picture it appears that the inlet hose needs to be rotated back towards the engine a bit to add clearance from the hood. Page 22 of the install guide (supplied and on our site) that Trimming of the evap portion of the silicone (And/or vacuum hose) may be required up to 1/2” for evap assembly to clear hood. Unfortunately clearance is extremely tight from the factory and becomes even tighter when adding larger, aftermarket components. This clearance varies depending on car and silicone hose for multiple reasons.

Spirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic type R
Country flag
By looking at the picture it appears that the inlet hose needs to be rotated back towards the engine a bit to add clearance from the hood. Page 22 of the install guide (supplied and on our site) that Trimming of the evap portion of the silicone (And/or vacuum hose) may be required up to 1/2” for evap assembly to clear hood. Unfortunately clearance is extremely tight from the factory and becomes even tighter when adding larger, aftermarket components. This clearance varies depending on car and silicone hose for multiple reasons.
I adjusted the fitment to the intake hose best I could for the fitment to the stock inlet tube, there was a noticeable gap between the ending of the stock intake tube and the prl intake hose. Don’t get me wrong, love the product and bought a PRL intercooler just a few days ago just wish the fitment was better considering the price. I’ll try the adjustments and trimming and see how that works.

Spirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic type R
Country flag
I agree. Not really wanting to trim a piece to a 400 dollar intake, but I guess that’s what it’s come to.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I trimmed my tube. But agree. If trimming doesn't effect the intake - then why wouldn't PRL just trim the EVAP portion down so the customer doesn't have to do it and there's no issues with clearance. Doesn't make much sense.

Le0L111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Did anyone here clean the air filter after a long-time of use? Is there a need to disassemble everything and then put them back? Really hate to mounting those tight pipes again.

Type69

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
Just installed the prl intake. Where the silicon connects to the inlet there’s a sight gap and where the left intake air hose connect,it does not go all the way in like oem. Any tips for better fitment? Also I got some type of a nipple plug what is that used for. Thanks
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System Install Guide 3C1CE5BE-6766-4ED1-AD32-95D399B248BC
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System Install Guide 8BF1D6A1-FE4D-4B3B-A91B-3FDD3391628A

Last edited:

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hm, I was wondering if something like this would happen, because I fit mines as best as I could without trimming but it does look akward still.

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All new HVI's come with a different evap fitting to correct for the hood clearance issue. You can order it from PRL for $35 I believe!!

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Did anyone here clean the air filter after a long-time of use? Is there a need to disassemble everything and then put them back? Really hate to mounting those tight pipes again.
I couldnt agree more, its a lot of pushing and pulling to get things back right, but I guess thats what we have to do..

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
I agree. Not really wanting to trim a piece to a 400 dollar intake, but I guess that’s what it’s come to.
My thoughts: PRL kept it that length so it does not invade the cylinder of the intake tube, thus leaving the details and refinement to us.
Sponsored