PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System Install Guide

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Yeah wonder if removing the ecu to get to the panel might work too? But like you said I’m sure I’ll get used to it.
That was my exact thoughts on something to try for servicing the filter when I was looking through the installation guide.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the guide! Looks pretty straight forward. Are they scheduled to start shipping this week?
You're welcome! Yep! :)

Jeez ok and to clean the filter we have to back it all out?
Correct. It's really not that bad. The air box assembly(s) can be removed within 10-15 minutes if you're hustling. We've found that this intake assembly is actually easier to install/remove in comparison to the factory unit.

How close is the turbocharger inlet pipe to release? I've already ordered the High Volume Intake System, but after seeing how involved the install is, I'd rather not have to disassemble things again to install the inlet pipe.
At this time we still do not have an ETA, but I would anticipate a few more months for the turbocharger inlet pipe kit to be shipping at minimum.

Yeah wonder if removing the ecu to get to the panel might work too? But like you said I’m sure I’ll get used to it.
That was my exact thoughts on something to try for servicing the filter when I was looking through the installation guide.
We are not a fan of removing the ECU, as we want to avoid the possibility of damaging pins/connectors. With that being said, I think that you may still struggle with the air box lid bolts in tight space and risk dropping of tiny bolts into the engine bay.

This is literally NOTHING compared to removing the oem airbox on the 1.5T. NOW that was a lot of work. Especially the lower portion :banghead:
This install is MUCH easier than a CAI on a 1.5T. Whew! :lol:

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Are you still on target to have these shipped out tomorrow? I think it's also useful to mention that small inlet hose clamp is tamper-proof. Also, is there a tiny hole at the bottom for water drainage?

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just got my shipping notification and tracking. Looks like I might be using this install guide this weekend.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Me too! Im getting mine tomorrows so its getting put tomorrow :headbang::spaz:
I just got my shipping notification and tracking. Looks like I might be using this install guide this weekend.
They will be leaving tomorrow! We have been boxing them all day today, we made labels today as we have been packing not to lose orders. Sorry if anyone's tried to call we have most of our whole sales team assisting the shippers.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
They will be leaving tomorrow! We have been boxing them all day today, we made labels today as we have been packing not to lose orders. Sorry if anyone's tried to call we have most of our whole sales team assisting the shippers.
does this mean if you ordered day 1 and didnt get a shipping notification you didn't make batch 1?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Today is the day, pre-orders will begin shipping this afternoon! No need to worry if you have/haven't received tracking info yet, as some labels have not yet been created. We will be shipping 100 or so out today, and another 100 or so out tomorrow into Monday. All orders up to 11680 on our website will be fulfilled in this first batch of intake systems. There is a possibility that a few orders after may be able to leave, but there is no guarantee. We thank everyone for their patience and support!

theDUOCsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x
#11686 crying in tears, but will be worth the wait :)

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
When I received my intake I put together the air box inside my house so that when I installed it it would be a quick thing. Took me about an hour to put things together and an hour to install.