Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8 / Supra MKV / Tesla M3P / G80 M3C xDrive
Country flag
What do you mean?
Oops my bad this was meant for the Turbo Inlet thread. Was asking when those are going to be in stock. I saw a post on FB from FK8 products review page that you guys were going to have some this week.
Sponsored

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Old thread but just installed these and they are great. Helps with the air flow and spooling. Great kit!

stoots_sgp_fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R, 2019 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
For those worried about removing the bumper, you don’t need to. Plenty of room if you remove the fake vents. Plenty of space to torque it down the spec too.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Charge Pipe Upgrade 61DCC4E5-D235-4D3D-8515-E2A16BBA228B

Last edited:

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I lost count how many times I took the the bumper off. 15 mins if that, more time lifting car, mine is on eibachs.

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
I’m not running a stock turbo in the evo. FP black ball bearing @30 psi. My evo is still a stock block, with stock 10.8-1 comp ratio. Psi is relative lol. Open up the intake side too much that turbo will have to work harder to compensate for the increase volume of air it has to move, while maintaining the same boost levels.
AIso highly recommend staying away from aluminum, if heat is your worry go titanium and coat it or wrap it. I’d wrap titanium, since it’ll never corrode like aluminum, or rust like steal. As is heavy Ti is not. U pick.

Just look at the Charge Pipe design. You will see that the "connecting points" (which are the potential failing points) are casted ends. The hot-side is case and point there.
The slight increase in hose diameter has more to do with "relieving" pressure, than generating more power. Relieving pressure through a line is less heat friction through that line.
Aluminum piping will absorb heat / Silicone is an insulator. If by chance, someone is running 400*deg IAT1 temps - something is truly amiss with the system efficiency.

Side Note:
Stock Evo IX compression is 8.8 / Stock Civic Type-R is 9.8
Increased compression ratios increase the brake power, brake thermal efficiency, brake mean effective pressure and reduction in the specific fuel consumption. It means that higher compression ratios make it possible to improve the performance characteristics of spark ignition engines.
So, comparing what you have achieved on the Evo is not relative to the Type-R.

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have to agree with the Evo guy when it comes to piping. I had a Evo 9 for 7 years and raced the hell out if it and i was running a 4 inch intercooler and hard piping from ETS with a 6262 turbo that ran 30 psi on the street.I love PRL products but i would prefer hard piping over any silicon tubing. To me it just looks tacky and i would prefer hard piping.
This guy must be a car guy. Lol love ya my human friend!

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree, which is why I’ll just get someone to custom make hard pipes for me soon.
Go titanium. Titanium has less heat conductivity than aluminum and steal.

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good Morning Type R community, to clarify, we are using silicone because hard (metal) charge piping retains more heat as to where (and this has been proven many times over) silicone is better at heat dissipation and helps us create a better fitment for this set up. We are excited for you guys to see our new charge pipe kit for the FK8! :)
So offer a titanium variant like everyone else does. Remember titanium is much less heat conductive than aluminum.

Oh wait I’m comparing my evo aftermarket support with type r aftermarket support.
So here’s what I see, And hope you follow this route because I personally will not go the PRL way; go to ETS website, see the different designs for the same platform? Short route, long route, aluminum, titanium and stainless, are all available. But it’s your business, thank god, and not mine, and thank god for that, again. I’d rather do tax controversy and other tax work than try doing what prl has done. Good job so far. And nice to see they leap frogged injen.

PS: while it’s hard to hate on cast, I would have certainly tried more billet wherever possible. Billet has the potential to flow more than cast because the cast is not “smoothed” but thats a very small improvement, except that cast may be heavier and not as strong as the same part produced via billet.
Glad to see you went cast over Plain pipes. The cast does look more proper. And I can stand the shine of bare metal pipes.

Now please make titanium pieces and watch the sales pour in.

lestat2369

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR/GTR/MX5
Country flag
Any word on when the next batch will be available? And can you use the blanket on this PRL Titanium pipe? Trying to decide between blanket on my stock pipe or the titanium pipe...thoughts from people who have tried either or both.
Sponsored