First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How about a downpipe/front pipe combo for the 11th gen 2.0? Also would you make something like this intake for the 11th gen? You’re not too late in the game for the 2022+ 😈
^This, lots of people want front pipes and down pipes for the 2.0L. RV6 also does not sell their catless downpipe anymore and I see lots of people asking on the Facebook forums. I was going to buy a 1.5T aftermarket front pipe and get a shop to custom fit it on and retune. No one makes front pipes for us..there’s a market. Maybe an intake manifold? No one makes one either and I’m sure it would net nice gains.
Sponsored

WhosClunk

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought both head to cat gaskets and the main hole and 4 bolt holes line up when I put them over top of each other.
Sick, thanks for testing that out man. You plan on testing anything else?

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sick, thanks for testing that out man. You plan on testing anything else?
type r intake manifold with j35 throttle body is in the works right now. about to get a k24 turbo kit with pre-made turbo manifold/external wastegate combo, custom downpipe, fuel return system, some other mods and then ill bring it to the tuner.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^This, lots of people want front pipes and down pipes for the 2.0L. RV6 also does not sell their catless downpipe anymore and I see lots of people asking on the Facebook forums. I was going to buy a 1.5T aftermarket front pipe and get a shop to custom fit it on and retune. No one makes front pipes for us..there’s a market. Maybe an intake manifold? No one makes one either and I’m sure it would net nice gains.
epa is cracking down on companies selling non catted items, if someone is looking for a catless wrapped dp for 2.0 pm me

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What’s even better is someone found out that the 2.0 10th gen downpipes bolt right up to the 11th gen… Apparently a downpipe gives better gains in the midrange than a tune for the 2.0. Plus a lot of people would love passing emissions with a PRL high volume downpipe on their 2.0.

WhosClunk

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What’s even better is someone found out that the 2.0 10th gen downpipes bolt right up to the 11th gen… Apparently a downpipe gives better gains in the midrange than a tune for the 2.0. Plus a lot of people would love passing emissions with a PRL high volume downpipe on their 2.0.
Yes I found that the catless helps a lot midrange and a bit top end but sacrifices a little down low. All 3 basic mods intake, downpipe, tune with a custom tune net some decent gains. It would be nice to have some more options in future

WhosClunk

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
type r intake manifold with j35 throttle body is in the works right now. about to get a k24 turbo kit with pre-made turbo manifold/external wastegate combo, custom downpipe, fuel return system, some other mods and then ill bring it to the tuner.
type r manifold from 10th gen or which car? wow well keep us updated the 2.0L community needs some footsteps to follow in.. thanks for jumping in the 🕳🐇

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes I found that the catless helps a lot midrange and a bit top end but sacrifices a little down low. All 3 basic mods intake, downpipe, tune with a custom tune net some decent gains. It would be nice to have some more options in future
Quick question, how loud is the 2.0 compared to a 1.5T? I know NA motors are louder but it might shy me away from getting a downpipe because I plan on using a 2022 sport hatch 2.0 as a daily.

Seanjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Ex Sedan (K20C2)
Country flag
right!

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
type r manifold from 10th gen or which car? wow well keep us updated the 2.0L community needs some footsteps to follow in.. thanks for jumping in the 🕳🐇
fk8 IM. 17 accord v6 TB. search my threads. may have to get the radium engineering fk8 port injection IM spacer/adapter/kit. may have to lower the rear shifter cable holder hole on the trans and shave off the top for clearance. ill keep this site posted with results. im hoping to get over 200whp with this IM/TB setup, everything else is done to my car including tb coolant delete, aem cai with modified air guides, (1 degree higher than amb temp), wrapped catless downpipe and front pipe (2.5" each), and si oem exhaust (loud af), and ktuner.

Last edited:

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick question, how loud is the 2.0 compared to a 1.5T? I know NA motors are louder but it might shy me away from getting a downpipe because I plan on using a 2022 sport hatch 2.0 as a daily.
Na would be louder because a turbo does reduce the sound level. I thought the 2 Si mufflers would be quieter to my one muffler but heck no, loud af, the Si doesn’t require much muffling compared to na. You will be fine upgrading downpipe. Keep stock exhaust. If still too loud you can always have someone weld in a resonator.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Na would be louder because a turbo does reduce the sound level. I thought the 2 Si mufflers would be quieter to my one muffler but heck no, loud af, the Si doesn’t require much muffling compared to na. You will be fine upgrading downpipe. Keep stock exhaust. If still too loud you can always have someone weld in a resonator.
Well the problem is I’d get a 3” catback too, most likely the PRL exhaust that they’re going to release soon. That would increase the sound by a lot. Their prototype is very similar to the invidia N1 exhaust for the 10th gen.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well the problem is I’d get a 3” catback too, most likely the PRL exhaust that they’re going to release soon. That would increase the sound by a lot. Their prototype is very similar to the invidia N1 exhaust for the 10th gen.
then id suggest getting the high flow catted dp

WhosClunk

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The catted downpipe sounds better imo. The catless is a bit tin canny but you’ll get crazy pops and burbles. I have a flowmaster muffler and a vibrant knockoff resonator still pretty loud. I’ll post a cold start and clips for you.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
then id suggest getting the high flow catted dp
Yeah I was thinking of that. I guess I could just take it off if it’s too loud.

The catted downpipe sounds better imo. The catless is a bit tin canny but you’ll get crazy pops and burbles. I have a flowmaster muffler and a vibrant knockoff resonator still pretty loud.
Yeah I went catless on my Si for just over 2 months and 3k miles and it was headache inducing loud with my muffler/res delete catback and it sounded like a tin can with a stock catback. I want to go catted on the new car to keep the exhaust tone in check and also so my friends and family won’t complain about the smell every time I drive my car.
Sponsored