PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Update!

Aluminum bends for charge piping is here awaiting final fitment and welding with our billet aluminum flange/bung. This flange/bung also adds a 1/8" NPT threaded hole for misc uses. Once welded and bead-rolled the piping will head out to receive a textured wrinkle black powdercoat. 4-ply silicone couplers are entering final production and will be fastened with 304 SS Breeze liner clamps.

All intercooler cores are on a pallet ready to be welded and are just awaiting their cast end tanks. Our steel end tank molds were just finished and are awaiting a final quality/fitment check before starting production. Everything looks to be right on schedule so far!

DSCN1212_zpslifmpkgv.jpg

DSCN1176_zps7z2ppz3i.jpg

DSCN1179_zpsvo755218.jpg

DSCN1183_zps5ala9mmu.jpg

DSCN1186_zpskupdogdh.jpg

DSCN1188_zpsrhkxnnee.jpg

DSCN1190_zpsif2ai5ir.jpg

DSCN1207_zps9d1mqarv.jpg
I can't wait to get this put on my car, thanks for the update
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All intercooler cores are on a pallet ready to be welded and are just awaiting their cast end tanks. Our steel end tank molds were just finished and are awaiting a final quality/fitment check before starting production. Everything looks to be right on schedule so far!
What's the schedule now? Backordered? In stock? I've already ordered it. It's convenient to post here at the moment (Just got off work, working nightshift) but I can call you guys later.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
When are these expected to ship, this would be nice if they would come at the same time as the Cobra......... I'm on the pre-order for both

Reactions: Myx

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
I am so glad it's fall and almost winter so cold air all day every day. Let's me have some more time to save up for this and the cvt cooler. Gives me the chance to work on the audio system and get some coils first :D

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
What's the schedule now? Backordered? In stock? I've already ordered it. It's convenient to post here at the moment (Just got off work, working nightshift) but I can call you guys later.
When are these expected to ship, this would be nice if they would come at the same time as the Cobra......... I'm on the pre-order for both
@PRL Motorsports Will there be an install guide for the FMIC similar to the CAI?
We are still on schedule to ship towards the end of the month. Most likely FMICs will begin shipping about 1 week after our CAIs do, so aiming for the first week of December. Yes, we will provide an install guide! :)

Here's a little sneak peak of our end tanks getting ready to be machined before they get welded!

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development End%20Tank%201_zps9gcajkz5

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development End%20Tank%202_zpsmbtca5sn

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports ... Any teaser pic's you can post up??:hmm::patriot: You guys are about two weeks out from shipping these bad boys and .. it you could just throw us a bone here that would be great:spaz:

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Ask and you shall receive!

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development FMIC%20Si%20Teaser%20Front_zpsppmloz1

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development FMIC%20Si%20Teaser%20End%20Tank_zpspabrmhdn

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development FMIC%20Si%20Teaser%20Rear_zpssmyr9abb

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development FMIC%20Teaser%20Si%20Silicone_zpszxeivjb

We've got two prototype intercoolers that we have used to check casting quality and fitment for production. The intercooler assembly fitment has passed with flying colors, so final production has begun. :headbang:

...However, we did run into one little speed bump :( One of our mandrel bends for the intercooler piping were slightly off, causing tight (too close for comfort) fitment. This isn't the end of the world, though, as we will have the bends fixed so we can weld and send to powdercoating! :) We will have news for an ETA hopefully next week!

In the meantime, one of our prototype intercooler kits is heading over to @VitViper for testing!

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag

FMIC%20Si%20Teaser%20Front_zpsppmloz1j.jpg

FMIC%20Si%20Teaser%20End%20Tank_zpspabrmhdn.jpg

FMIC%20Si%20Teaser%20Rear_zpssmyr9abb.jpg

FMIC%20Teaser%20Si%20Silicone_zpszxeivjbj.jpg

We've got two prototype intercoolers that we have used to check casting quality and fitment for production. The intercooler assembly fitment has passed with flying colors, so final production has begun. :headbang:

...However, we did run into one little speed bump :( One of our mandrel bends for the intercooler piping were slightly off, causing tight (too close for comfort) fitment. This isn't the end of the world, though, as we will have the bends fixed so we can weld and send to powdercoating! :) We will have news for an ETA hopefully next week!

In the meantime, one of our prototype intercooler kits is heading over to @VitViper for testing!
Any news on the ETA and how the testing is going?

franco0790

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX M/t
Country flag

FMIC%20Si%20Teaser%20Front_zpsppmloz1j.jpg

FMIC%20Si%20Teaser%20End%20Tank_zpspabrmhdn.jpg

FMIC%20Si%20Teaser%20Rear_zpssmyr9abb.jpg

FMIC%20Teaser%20Si%20Silicone_zpszxeivjbj.jpg

@PRL Motorsports

Hello PRL
First of all, thanks for the excellent design of Cobra Intake, this piece is the best on the market

I have a question about the FMIC

I could see in the original charge pipe and also in AEM a piece that generates a union between the intercooler pipe and the engine block; This support has not been seen in the FMIC design.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development upload_2017-12-25_22-40-59

This piece is not necessary?

Thanks

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Happy New Year everyone!

This this was expected to ship out one week after the PRL intakes would ship. No word! Still waiting on this before having my other PRL items installed (CVT Cooler, Intake). I already have their downpipe installed (Did have front pipe). May possibly pull the plug on this one after this week. :eek:

Planning on having everything installed before the middle of next month. That's when racing season is starting.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports Please cancel and refund my order (Charles K Thomas). I've sent the request on your order form but posting here in case you have not received it. My mechanic will be installing all of your other items as of next week. I may re-purchase this intercooler at a later date. Thanks much!

jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports Please cancel and refund my order (Charles K Thomas). I've sent the request on your order form but posting here in case you have not received it. My mechanic will be installing all of your other items as of next week. I may re-purchase this intercooler at a later date. Thanks much!
Lol this guy
Sponsored