PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
Keep up the awesome work you guys rock! This one is definitely going on my wish list for an upgrade at some point during my build!
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have a big announcement to make for the 10th Gen Civic 1.5T community... Pre-orders for our FMIC kit (compatible with both Si and Non-Si models) are finally available!

Kits will retail at $799.99, but we will be selling these at 20% intro pricing for only $639.99 until pre-orders begin shipping. Though we aniticipate orders to begin shipping a bit sooner, we set an ETA at 90 days from today to compensate for any bumps in the road with production along the way.

http://prlmotorsports.com/2016hondacivic15tfmickit.aspx#.WZyAlT6GOUk

Kit Includes:
  • Front Mount Intercooler Assembly
  • (4) 4-Ply Silicone Coupers
  • (8) 304 Stainless Steel Worm Clamps
  • (1) Hot Side Intercooler Pipe (Textured Black)
  • (1) Cold Side Intercooler Pipe w/ Mounting Bracket and Machined Billet Aluminum Flange (Textured Black)
  • (1) -4AN O-Ring to 1/4" Hose Barb (Black)
ORDERED!!!! Thanks guys

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
We have a big announcement to make for the 10th Gen Civic 1.5T community... Pre-orders for our FMIC kit (compatible with both Si and Non-Si models) are finally available!

Kits will retail at $799.99, but we will be selling these at 20% intro pricing for only $639.99 until pre-orders begin shipping. Though we aniticipate orders to begin shipping a bit sooner, we set an ETA at 90 days from today to compensate for any bumps in the road with production along the way.

http://prlmotorsports.com/2016hondacivic15tfmickit.aspx#.WZyAlT6GOUk

Kit Includes:
  • Front Mount Intercooler Assembly
  • (4) 4-Ply Silicone Coupers
  • (8) 304 Stainless Steel Worm Clamps
  • (1) Hot Side Intercooler Pipe (Textured Black)
  • (1) Cold Side Intercooler Pipe w/ Mounting Bracket and Machined Billet Aluminum Flange (Textured Black)
  • (1) -4AN O-Ring to 1/4" Hose Barb (Black)
I think you should offer t bolt clamps with your kit. Shouldn't rise the price of the kit much. It would be cool if that was optional.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
ORDERED!!!! Thanks guys
Awesome, thank you for your support! :)

I think you should offer t bolt clamps with your kit. Shouldn't rise the price of the kit much. It would be cool if that was optional.
We discussed going the T-bolt route with this setup, but found the worm clamps to work a better with our pipe routing and whatnot. These clamps will have no problem whatsoever holding pressure. One of the problems we've found with the general public and T-bolt clamps in the past was people don't know when to stop tightening. :(

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome, thank you for your support! :)

We discussed going the T-bolt route with this setup, but found the worm clamps to work a better with our pipe routing and whatnot. These clamps will have no problem whatsoever holding pressure. One of the problems we've found with the general public and T-bolt clamps in the past was people don't know when to stop tightening. :(
What do you think install time on this would be for a shop? I already have a sri so the intake box is gone....

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What do you think install time on this would be for a shop? I already have a sri so the intake box is gone....
I'm sure install isn't that hard, are you guys planning on some simple instructions with this kit?
I would expect a 5 hour install without the intake box. We will be doing an install writeup upon release!

Greencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si 2016 Mazda CX-9
I would expect a 5 hour install without the intake box. We will be doing an install writeup upon release!
Do you guys do installs at your shop. I live a good drive away and would like to come to your shop to purchase this and the down/front pipe and have them installed if possible. If it is how much installation will run?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
5 hrs for a pro or 5 hours for an at home person. Just trying to gauge an install cost. thanks guys

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you guys do installs at your shop. I live a good drive away and would like to come to your shop to purchase this and the down/front pipe and have them installed if possible. If it is how much installation will run?
We do offer installs at our shop. Like stated before, this should be somewhere around a 5 hour job. Our hourly rate is $110/hour. If you would like to schedule an install or work please email us for a more accurate quotation.

5 hrs for a pro or 5 hours for an at home person. Just trying to gauge an install cost. thanks guys
Professional. I wouldn't expect much more for a home install either. Once the bumper off the rest is cake. :)

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We do offer installs at our shop. Like stated before, this should be somewhere around a 5 hour job. Our hourly rate is $110/hour. If you would like to schedule an install or work please email us for a more accurate quotation.

Professional. I wouldn't expect much more for a home install either. Once the bumper off the rest is cake. :)
I like cake, thanks for putting something together for the FMIC. I'm one of the proud preorder people for it and also the Cobra!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update!

Aluminum bends for charge piping is here awaiting final fitment and welding with our billet aluminum flange/bung. This flange/bung also adds a 1/8" NPT threaded hole for misc uses. Once welded and bead-rolled the piping will head out to receive a textured wrinkle black powdercoat. 4-ply silicone couplers are entering final production and will be fastened with 304 SS Breeze liner clamps.

All intercooler cores are on a pallet ready to be welded and are just awaiting their cast end tanks. Our steel end tank molds were just finished and are awaiting a final quality/fitment check before starting production. Everything looks to be right on schedule so far!

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development DSCN1212_zpslifmpkgv

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development DSCN1176_zps7z2ppz3i

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development DSCN1179_zpsvo755218

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development DSCN1183_zps5ala9mmu

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development DSCN1186_zpskupdogdh

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development DSCN1188_zpsrhkxnnee

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development DSCN1190_zpsif2ai5ir

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T FMIC Kit Development DSCN1207_zps9d1mqarv

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update!

Aluminum bends for charge piping is here awaiting final fitment and welding with our billet aluminum flange/bung. This flange/bung also adds a 1/8" NPT threaded hole for misc uses. Once welded and bead-rolled the piping will head out to receive a textured wrinkle black powdercoat. 4-ply silicone couplers are entering final production and will be fastened with 304 SS Breeze liner clamps.

All intercooler cores are on a pallet ready to be welded and are just awaiting their cast end tanks. Our steel end tank molds were just finished and are awaiting a final quality/fitment check before starting production. Everything looks to be right on schedule so far!

DSCN1212_zpslifmpkgv.jpg

DSCN1176_zps7z2ppz3i.jpg

DSCN1179_zpsvo755218.jpg

DSCN1183_zps5ala9mmu.jpg

DSCN1186_zpskupdogdh.jpg

DSCN1188_zpsrhkxnnee.jpg

DSCN1190_zpsif2ai5ir.jpg

DSCN1207_zps9d1mqarv.jpg
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, got me excited!
Sponsored