PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
ORDERED! Thanks!
just picked up my new Si Sedan Friday.
Gonna do this mod and the boomba short-shifter at the same time.
Post up about that shifter adapter, been think about that also. Thanks.
Sponsored

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The Windshield Washer conversion is for Canadian cars. The clutch line is removed and replaced during installation, so if you have a MT and want an upgrade on your line, it's an easy install.
Is it possible to return to stock when doing it on a Canadian model?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
We've been receiving quite a few inquiries about Race MAF gains in comparison to the Street MAF housing so we decided to do another back-to-back test for you guys.

This car was equipped with our Cobra CAI, downpipe, front pipe and @KTuner 23 PSI 93 Octane basemap for testing.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order Eric%20Street%20MAF_zpsjsgpfj6l

We performed 3 consecutive dyno pulls with the Street MAF housing starting at 175 degree coolant temps to around 180 degrees. The car put down similar consistent numbers within a 3 horsepower and 4 ft/lb tq window.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order Eric%20Race%20MAF_zpsqijaoiv

We performed 3 consecutive dyno pulls with the Race MAF housing using KTuner's Race MAF basemap starting at 175 degree coolant temps to around 180 degrees. The car put down similar consistent numbers within a 1 horsepower and 5 ft/lb tq window.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order Eric%20Street%20vs%20Race_zpsyslecs0y

We used "Run 4" as an average comparison due to identical run conditions. The Race MAF provide a 4-5 hp and 2 ft/lb tq gain at peak and 10hp/10tq gains throughout the midrange over-top of the Street MAF. Another thing to note is the fact that knock control continued to decrease with the Race MAF housing. We started the runs at .65 knock control and continued improve to .45.

In case anyone was unaware, KTuner now offers safe and effective Race MAF housing-specific basemaps for our cold air and short ram intake systems. The Race MAF housing provides nice little gains up top and very notable gains throughout the midrange.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I would be all about such a program as well. I doubt that it will work though - I don't imagine that they'd be able to do anything with the Street MAF's that we would all trade in.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you can buy the 'upgrade' package, but it's way more $$$ than you'd think it would be

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
T
I emailed ktuner yesterday and they told me that they do not have a basemap for the non si cobra Race MAF.
The Race maf calibration will be included in the tuning software you buy.

AmaiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Honda sensing really has me upset, would the short ram intake be the only option for the 2019 Sport?