PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Different strokes, I suppose. My Prelude's clutch is unbearably stiff. I absolutely love how light the 2017 SI's clutch is.
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
The CAI will not affect the location of the factory BPV. We do not worry about hydrolock. Our team has debated a SRI, but the time and money to introduce an inferior SRI doesn't seem to outweight the simplistic, cost-effective gains of our Stage 1 intake system at this time.
Was just reading through while eagerly awaiting the release of this, and noticed this post. Would the factory BPV mentioned in this post act to help prevent hydrolock similarly to those that have been used in conjunction with CAI's on other cars?

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Lexus RC350
Country flag
Was just reading through while eagerly awaiting the release of this, and noticed this post. Would the factory BPV mentioned in this post act to help prevent hydrolock similarly to those that have been used in conjunction with CAI's on other cars?
Very excited as we are gettin closer to receiving this great product. But as we get closer I have also been becoming more concerned about the Hydrolock issue. I live in Houston which experiences very unpredictable rainy weather. All I keep replaying in my head is that I should be fine as PRL says they do not worry about Hydrolock. Could you elaborate and explain why it should not be concerning or tips if needed to avoid Hydrolock. Thanks in advance guys. #hydrolockNOOB

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
Thank you for the support! :headbang:
I got mine preordered !!! I've been watching this development the whole time and got a ktuner too. I went back and forth with deciding but in the end pulled the trigger because I always bought intakes for my GK and EP3 (AEM and AEM V2). Looking forward to mostly hearing more turbo lol. With some small gains.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
To an extent, yes, as our intake does not affect the intended function of the BPV.

Very excited as we are gettin closer to receiving this great product. But as we get closer I have also been becoming more concerned about the Hydrolock issue. I live in Houston which experiences very unpredictable rainy weather. All I keep replaying in my head is that I should be fine as PRL says they do not worry about Hydrolock. Could you elaborate and explain why it should not be concerning or tips if needed to avoid Hydrolock. Thanks in advance guys. #hydrolockNOOB
Hydrolocking will always be a possible problem with CAIs, but not as large of an issue with newer cars. Newer cars, like the 10th Gen Civic(s), have much more undershielding and splash guards than older models like the popular 5th and 6th Gen Civics. These older models had cheap, minimal undershielding that left many exposed areas vulnerable to outside conditions. It would take much more effort to hydrolock the 10th Gen Civic in comparison.

We live in rainy, Southwest PA and have had our CAI installed for months without a single issue. We've daily/street driven quite a few different vehicles with CAIs in the past without any issues as well. With this all being said, a little common sense will go a long way here. If you are still concerned, maybe a CAI isn't for you, which is perfectly fine. :)

I got mine preordered !!! I've been watching this development the whole time and got a ktuner too. I went back and forth with deciding but in the end pulled the trigger because I always bought intakes for my GK and EP3 (AEM and AEM V2). Looking forward to mostly hearing more turbo lol. With some small gains.
Thanks for the support! I think you'll be happy! :thumbsup:

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I also live in Houston bro, and the only way you will ensure that you won't hydrolock, is not driving your car while it's raining heavily. Flash flooding happens in literally a flash, and it does not take but a foot of water to hydrolock. This happened to my last 2014 Civic that had an injen CAI. It was raining so heavily, that I could barely see. Literally right outside my apartment complex, water collected on one side of the road, as the drain was overflowing. Water was about as high as the curb level, and before I knew it, I hit a good patch of water unexpectedly, and the engine became completely unresponsive. No more CAIs for me. That's me though, if you're responsible, and either pull over when it rains heavy, or don't drive, you'll be okay, maybe just stranded for a while. I actually had a chance to pull over at the gas station, but being that I was probably half a mile from my house, I kept driving, thinking I would make it, since much of the road wasn't flooded, at least from what I could tell. But even before that, I had to drive through light flood waters just to get that far. Definitely a scary thing, with how fast it started flooding. It takes it only takes a few minutes.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sometime towards the end of November, once orders begin shipping.
It is now officially 12/1 12:01am (East Coast Time). No shippy!

You folks better get ready for the news that these will be shipping out sometime after Xmas. :rofl:

Last edited:

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
It is not officially 12/1 12:01am (East Coast Time). No shippy!

You folks better get ready for the news that these will be shipping out sometime after Xmas. :rofl:
They changed it a while back on their website. It supposed to ship on Monday now. :cry:

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports , are you guys still on track to ship 12/4 or maybe earlier
It is now officially 12/1 12:01am (East Coast Time). No shippy!

They changed it a while back on their website. It supposed to ship on Monday now. :cry:
We stated a while back that these will beging shipping the week of 12/4. Everything is still right on track for the end of next week. Silicone couplers were finished yesterday, which was the final component we were waiting for!