Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Does the downpipe for this kit require their Prl frontpipe? Will it fit on oem, because there’s been rumors of their prior downpipe needed their front pipe to all mount together...
Our Turbo kit downpipe will bolt up to any honda 3 bolt flange whether it is a OEM FP, our FP, or any other aftermarket FP with a 3 bolt flange connection
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those who are waiting for videos need to realize that those receiving the kits and installing then have to tune them. I know a few are getting etuned so that takes time. You cant just bolt it on and go out blast away. They are waiting to get to a point in the tune where its appropriate to make a video that shows the capabilities of these turbos. If someone posted a vid of the car on 15 psi people would say "oh its slow for a big turbo, what a waste of money" etc.

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
Those who are waiting for videos need to realize that those receiving the kits and installing then have to tune them. I know a few are getting etuned so that takes time. You cant just bolt it on and go out blast away. They are waiting to get to a point in the tune where its appropriate to make a video that shows the capabilities of these turbos. If someone posted a vid of the car on 15 psi people would say "oh its slow for a big turbo, what a waste of money" etc.
Well said! Def takes time! I'm in Massachusettes and just got hit with a crappy snow and ice storm so tuning is on hold for a bit until the roads clean up. With that said the kit is amazing all the awesome turbo noises you can handle! I did just get the green light to turn boost up to 20psi I have only been tuning off wastegate currently 15psi and it feels stock at that level. I will get some videos once available and tuning has finished. However it's very hard to pick up all the great sounds this it makes on video. More to come as my tune progresses!

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'll be driving down to Derek's shop for the tune. I went through the street tune process once already xD

Going to be a nice relaxing 9 hour drive on a base map just to get me drivable lol

Plus I wanna see what a meth system can really do, and I'll need to be in person and on a dyno, for that

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
I'll be driving down to Derek's shop for the tune. I went through the street tune process once already xD

Going to be a nice relaxing 9 hour drive on a base map just to get me drivable lol

Plus I wanna see what a meth system can really do, and I'll need to be in person and on a dyno, for that
You'll be good on a basemap just my starter map was decent enough to get it drivable lol

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Someone put this up 3 days ago.

This run was in our early days of testing and did not include our PRL Big Turbo Kit...the list of Mods during this run are as followed:
PRL catless downpipe and front pipe combo
PRL CAI
PRL FMIC
KTuner
ClutchMasters FX400 clutch
D2 Springs
Tuned by Denis Howell at PRL Motorsports and VitViper at Vit Tuned
Stock exhaust, stock turbo, stock engine.

Coolnezzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This run was in our early days of testing and did not include our PRL Big Turbo Kit...the list of Mods during this run are as followed:
PRL catless downpipe and front pipe combo
PRL CAI
PRL FMIC
KTuner
ClutchMasters FX400 clutch
D2 Springs
Tuned by Denis Howell at PRL Motorsports and VitViper at Vit Tuned
Stock exhaust, stock turbo, stock engine.
Gotcha, just a repost then. My bad!

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gotcha, just a repost then. My bad!
No worries, just didn't want confusion on this! Hopefully laying down a nice pass on slicks this coming spring with our upgraded turbo kit. Only have to finish up a few pieces for proper fitment with slicks and wheels.

Chingylingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic ext
Country flag
Im planning to get a PRL upgrade later this year but I got some questions..
First of all, I am not a car guy, I'm in process to learn things that goes under the hood.
I own a 2017 ext manual, does this kit worth on a ext? Or should I get a Si first and PRL? Did anyone know if its reliable? I'm not trying to race or anything just hoping to get more power for better daily drive.

Thanks for helping me out!

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
I haven't seen anything lately with the new kits being put on, dyno numbers, how the install was or videos

Moab23

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
I haven't seen anything lately with the new kits being put on, dyno numbers, how the install was or videos
Was a lot more feedback when the W1 came out, no one has really posted anything with bragging rights I wonder why it’s all being kept quiet the...
Sponsored